Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Ratiekae

Loves blue jeans and irony.
Registered
Reaction score
Does a shortening of my name count? In that case it's Katie, but my friends do sometimes call me Kae Rae, Ratiekae, and other variations of my first and middle name.

My favorite would have to be KDD though. In honor of my favorite disorder.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I used to when I was little, now not so much.

However, there's a certain dragon *coughcoughcough* that sometimes calls me Miss P in the chatroom. :D

Mrsnetpro

Registered
Reaction score
No nickname from most, but hubby only called me by my name when he was mad. Otherwise I was always sweetie. I do feel left out though, everyone else I knew had one growing up :Shrug:

e_shady

Registered
Reaction score
E Shady and sometimes Red. Forbees is also fairly common, though I'm not sure if that one's due to people mispronouncing my last name or my friends thinking that it's funny.

pegesus

new kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
i love the ocean and everything it stands for and firmly believe in its preservation, but i am also a trekkie, so guess where i go? you guessed it, move over spock, here i come

Mezza

Registered
Reaction score
My nickname is my user name!
My real name's Mary, it's strange because people always seemed to shorten that to Mez, then Mezza, even if they have never heard me called it before (like when I've changed schools).

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
House-cleaning stuff, ironing (gah) and beta'ing. Also, played with the kidlets and baked choclate-chip muffins.

:)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
queried, wrote and waited for the house cleaning fairy to show up, it didn't :(

MichaelLetters

Never without an Opinion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jimpeschke.blogspot.com
Joined Absolute Write, cleaned three bathrooms, cleaned the basement, prepared homeschooling for my daughter, three loads of laundry, Segway/Scooter tag and races with my children, took the children to the park let the children try the Segway, tried to take the Segway up the hill- failure now I have a nice bruise, let the dogs in and out several times, worked on potty training with my son, was woken several times last night because my son has a sore foot, emptied one of the boxes by my desk, worked on promoting my husbands book, spoke to my friend Dave on the phone, called my Mom to wish her a Happy Birthday.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
Played video games, finaly beat a level boss that was driving me mad:hooray:, did some writing, started the fourth draft of Illusion (final draft), worked out, cleaned the bathroom, sent out submission packets for two novels, entered the Future Writer's of America contest, went shopping with my brother, did some reading.

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote, went to the gym, ate, slept, played computer game.
If I had known this was going to be the question I would have made it a more interesting weekend. :)

K.C. Robertson

Sitting underneath my laptop
Registered
Reaction score
most likely either a coffeehouse or my office
Website
procrastinationpartyofone.wordpress.com
Friday night: went to the American Royal bbq in Kansas City with a bunch of friends
Saturday: attempted to live through the resulting hangover
Sunday: attempted to work on my WIP, fought with my MC because she was feeling reticent, played Civilization V, made penne vodka, watched the Venture Bros., was generally unproductive, probably should have cleaned more