Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
It's Halloween sometime near to now. Not sure when, don't really pay attention, but I imagine it's within the next few weeks, or months, or days. Has it already passed?

Anyways,

New Question of the Day:

What was your all time favourite scary/spooky movie/television show?

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net

My favourite scary movie: The Exorcist. Don't laugh at me, I watched it when I was 6 and it still frightens me...
My favourite scary television show: The Muppets show!!!! I was crying all the time, I just couldn't watch it!

Penfeather

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like scary movies. :cry:

I remember that Gremlins really scared me the first time I saw it. Creepy little monsters.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(The original) Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

...couldn't sleep for days afterwards :cry:

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
I don't like scary movies. :cry:

I remember that Gremlins really scared me the first time I saw it. Creepy little monsters.

Oh poor kid
smileyvault-therethere.gif
smileyvault-therethere.gif

ejf

Registered
Reaction score
The Wizard of Oz. Seriously. I had the same nightmare every time I saw it as a kid. It still gives me the shivers to think about it.

ancilia

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like scary movies. I must have been 6 or 7 when I saw the original "The Fly" I seem to remember having nightmares for about a week after it.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Anything that plays on MST3K. That's the only way to make them bearable.

Actually I think it would be "The Crow" and "Ghostbusters". At least those are my must watch Halloween choices. :D

L'eau

Just a fancy way to write 'Lo'.
Registered
Reaction score

Movie: It's actually more laughable than scary, but hands down Return of the Living Dead.
TV: X-Files. The theme song still creeps me out to this very day.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's Halloween sometime near to now. Not sure when, don't really pay attention, but I imagine it's within the next few weeks, or months, or days. Has it already passed?

Anyways,

New Question of the Day:

I don't have any. I can't watch anything scary. :(

Same here

groovyville

Jesus Only! <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thedreamer.mysite.com
I really don't like scary movies, firstly because they are either too cheezy to enjoy or they are sooo scary that they give me nightmares (or the fear of getting a nightmare LOL)

but I would have to say that Saw 1 & 2 were the scariest movies i have ever seen. (I saw them one after the other, which was a bad decision on my part LOL)
They made me never want to watch scary movies again.

groovyville

Jesus Only! <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thedreamer.mysite.com
Nope don't believe in ghosts, but I have had an experience that was somewhat ghostly LOL.

I was at my cousins house and all the kids that were over the house were being all loud and noisy, so I went into one of the quiet bedrooms to read. As I'm reading, the closet door creaks open, so I get up and close it and continue reading.

Then the door opens again, so I figure that I just didn't close the door all the way the first time and I get up and close it again.

Then the door opens AGAIN, so I'm like "ok I'm going to close this door all the way and then watch it to figure out why it keeps opening". So I close the door again and watch the door.- The door knob turns and the door opens.

So now I'm scared, like whoa what just happened here.
So then my sises come in the room along with some other kids and I tell them "Hey guys watch this" and I close the door.

Once again the doorknob turns and the door opens, and now we're all kinda creeped out, so me and the oldest of my two sises opens the closet door all the way and starts looking inside the closet.

Then my cousin pops out of the closet and scars us, turns out she had been hiding in the closet the whole time and just opening the closet from the inside.

We had a really good laugh after that one LOL

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score
I have never seen a ghost myself, and I am not sure if I believe in them or not, but my mom has seen the ghost of my brother, and I was told we lived in a house with a ghost when I was a baby. He apparently used to walk up and the the hall way, and open the blinds of a window in the living room when the lights where off.

L'eau

Just a fancy way to write 'Lo'.
Registered
Reaction score
Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had a 'ghostly' experience?

I don't really know whether or not I believe in ghosts. My friend claims to always have some freaky ghost stuff happen in places with ghostly legends, and I do believe her as she's had some pretty freaky psychic 'coincidences' happen far too often.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Day:

Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had a 'ghostly' experience?

I believe in ghosts

CH1

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I Believe but have had no ghostly experiences myself

Irishgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I very much believe in ghosts. I have had several ghostly experiences. At my mothers house, we were all sitting down in the living room, which was right next to the stairs. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I looked at the stairs, and no one was there, but the sounds continued.
That house is fully of spooky reminders of past residents. The toy piano plays itself, the rocking chair rocks by itself, you can hear voices when no one is there, the TV turns on in the middle of the night.

Of course I have to give a shout out to Betty who spent her ninety years in my house. Once, my husband was standing on the table, hanging up decorations. He lost his balance and was starting to fall when he felt hands push him back up on the table. Had he fallen he would have slammed his head on the corner of the hutch and we would have spent my son's birthday in the ER.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Prompted by me seeing a house covered in christmas decorations and lights and stuff that looked really tacky.

New Newbie Question of the Day:

When do you put up your Christmas decorations? When is 'too' early? Have you seen a place that already has their decorations up? What do you think we should do to these nutters? :D

R.G. Alexander

Princess Awesomesaucer
Registered
Reaction score
It is a tradition in my Family to put up decorations on Thanksgiving Day, (not this year though, I will out of town) and leave them up until New Year. The people who have decorated already need a really good smack upside their head. Geez Christmas is not a three month long event people! I am already sick of Christmas music, and that is a hard thing to accomplish.

*walks away, shaking head, and grumbling something that sounds like, "ruined Christmas and it's not even Thanksgiving yet, stupid people. bah humbug I say."

:D