Status
Not open for further replies.

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
...no, not the drinks. Although, if you insist, I could use one.;)

After an incredible few weeks, I just thought I'd share my experience of who is buying what in the e-book/small press world of romance.

Tiny back story (yeah, yeah, I know it's a no-no) Had a bunch of complete mss distracting me from moving into my new wip so I decided to do a clean sweep and just query...everything, so I could focus on the 'probably want an agent for this' story.

A new division of Hades Publications (more info to follow) bought 'Cozumel Karma', my 1st person romantic comedy (formerly known as a chick-lit) The new imprint is launching Valentines Day 2009--still waiting to hear whether I'll be part of the launch, but I know they are acquiring--everything from sweet to tasteful erotic.

Siren/Bookstrand has grown by leaps and bounds and has lots of nifty author incentives in place--along with some BIG selling authors. They bought a full length (Jackpot) and a novella (Action & Satisfaction) both contemporary, neither erotic... but steamy.

Wild Rose Press has a couple of series' that they are hungry for subs on. I sold The Bridesmaid Blues, a novella for the Flower Basket series (free download of the story intro at Wild Rose) Several of the other lines are also eagerly acquiring. Last Rose of Summer just contracted my 'Merritt Magic Moment' 1st place single title winner, The Trouble With Tessa, for this line.

And finally, Liquid Silver Books has a new heat level, 'Sterling Silver'. Still steamy, but not as HOT as the other imprints. My novella The Artistry of Auras was chosen for their 'Worth Every Risk' Romantic Suspense anthology. Again, steamy, but not at all what I'd consider 'hard core erotic'.

Just thought I'd toss it out for those of you who don't know where to look or what constitutes 'erotic'. I know I hesitated to contact a couple these places because I didn't think I wrote 'racy' enough for them, but the lines are blurring all the time. If you've got a great story, in my most recent (and mind blowing) experience, they're willing to work with you to make it a fit...without driving you out of your comfort zone.

Hope this helps!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the information!!

That is exactly what I've been doing the last couple of weeks, instead of devoting all my time to writing, I've been pondering all those publishers you've mentioned, one of which I didnt know.

You are wonderful!!! Yes you are :)

Cheers, Josie

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Though I didn't need the information, I do want to congratulate you on all your successes there and wish everyone luck who submits!

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
Cheers back attcha, Josie. Really hope it helped. I know I spent (wasted?) weeks to-ing and fro-ing on this pub or that, wondering who liked what and how 'sexy' it had to be, as well as more weeks tracing the authors of these various sites to see what sort of 'presence' they had. I just hoped the time I invested might save someone a click or two and answer the odd question.

smlgr8! Thanks! I read this after I posted and cringed because I didn't want it to be a 'lookit me!' thing. I just know I hesitated and sat on things I might have 'scratched off the list' sooner if I'd had a bit more info.

shameless! My Siren/Bookstrand sistah! For sure. They have been on the ball every step of the way! Can't wait to 'go live' on their site. The sales for certain things there are kicking a$$!

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lainey! :-D

First round on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.