Writer's Block (Severe Case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
In times like this, I wish I was never diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (which is something that makes people think differently). That's what turned my life in a new direction. Now dad and my younger brother always saying things that make me feel worthless and useless. Many times, I've considered suicide. Even today, I still think about it. My life is going nowhere and neither is my creative writing no matter how much I read.
\

I have a friend whose sister committed suicide. It was over ten years ago when she was 13.. And now, looking back, it seems like such a waste. It might have felt like her world was ending and it was a big deal, but now she's dead and her family just has to go on. She faded out into the woodwork, and it's a total waste of human life, when she would likely be out in the world doing something she loves and not even THINKING about the torment that once consumed her life.

People have a power to overcome. You can do it, you just have to accept that it's never easy. I lost my dad, who was the one person to always support me. And my mother often tells me that I'll never make any money at what I'm doing... We all have our trials to overcome. We all have doubts. We all have writer's block at times here... Writing is rewriting, writing is being rejected, writing is sometimes writing five books before one makes it to print. Writing is sometimes writing poetry and hiding it in a trunk, and having it published after you've died of old age. But it's never what you expect.

Revelationz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
First of all, let's get the bad thing out of the way. You are really putting lots of pressure on people here by saying you're suicidal.

But, don't feel bad. Life can always be worse. Lots worse. How? Just look at the rest of the world. You could always be in Iraq or Somalia.

But, hey, I'm 26 too. I also live at home with my parents :( Yeah, it sucks. I have my HS diploma, I have Associate's Degrees in Business Admin and Criminal Justice, but I still can't find a fucking job.

But, I still get out there, fill out applications, and have aspirations. I bug the shit out of potential employers for a job, and I write something every day. But, lets take this a step at a time.

Have you ever considered going to college? It really broadens your knowledge and experiences, plus it can makes you more employable. While all I have is an Associate's, I do have hopes of getting a job and saving up so I can move to where I can go to a university and get my BA. College opens a whole world up to you. If you can, try it. You'll meet some hot chicks if nothing else.

As for the people surrounding you, fuck 'em. Sometimes you just have to say fuck it. Seriously. Even if you're laughing right now, I'm serious. You can't worry about stuff too much. There's some things that you can fix, and some you can't. What you can fix, work on it. What you can't, fuck it.

For your writing, just write. When I have ideas I want to get out there, I write the ideas themselves down. Then, you want to take the ideas and toy with them. How can I play out this idea in an interesting way? How can I present this so people will enjoy it? What setting do these ideas fit best in?

Many of my ideas have to do with religion, politics, and science. But, you can't just put them on paper and turn them in to get published. You have to entertain with them. You gotta have characters and a setting. You can't just plop them down BLOOYAW! At least not in a story. You have to craft them, mold them into form. First and foremost, you have to entertain. People like to learn, but they want their information in an entertaining way. There are exceptions, but not many.

Read over Uncle Jim's stuff in the "Writing Novels" section. His stuff has helped me a lot.

But, you have to realize that success and independence doesn't come out the sky and lands in your lap. The people around you who are successful worked at it. For most people, success doesn't come easy or free, even if they make it appear so. Life is struggle... at least one worth having.

You can't look at everyday as a curse, though. Every single day is a new, fresh start to get out there and improve your life, and the lives of others. To make new acquaintences. To discover something new. And, if you're a writer, to create new worlds.

I'm not really sure what else to say. God bless you, and I pray that he nudges you in the right direction. Don't pass up opportunities. Don't be afraid to try something new. Live your life, and write if that's what's in your heart. Just know that writing isn't easy either. Even though many peopel don't see it as a real job, it is. It's a career. The ultimate dedication if you are indeed dedicated. It doesn't come easy for me either. God knows I've been writing for years now and haven't been published yet. But, I'm not giving up. I will either get something published, or die with a laptop in my deathbed. Either way, in those last days, I'll know I never, ever GAVE UP.

God bless, and don't give up.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This has gone way beyond what belongs in a writer's forum.

Dwayne, I wish you well, but the truth is that a thread here cannot really fix what you obviously feel is broken. I encourage you to seek professional help. IF you wish to talk more about the issue of writer's block, I encourage you to start a thread in the conquering challenges forum.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.