Obama to the nation's youth: "PULL UP YOUR PANTS!"

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Thank you, President-Elect Obama!

This initiative of yours gets two thumbs-up from me!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1130583&format=text

Barack Obama draws the line on pants

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa -- Friday, November 7, 2008

As we all know, President-elect Barack Obama borrowed liberally from our own Gov. Deval Patrick’s playbook when constructing his campaign for the White House.

But did you know Obama also glommed Deval’s most famous fashion pronouncement: Pull Up Your Pants???

It’s true! The incoming commander in chief told MTV that, while he thinks the president’s time might better spent on more pressing matters, he does not like to see the youth of America walking around with their waistbands down around their knees.

“Brothers should pull up their pants,” Barack declared. “You are walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What’s wrong with that? Come on . . . You don’t have to pass a law, but that doesn’t mean folks can’t have some sense and some respect for other people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear - I’m one of them.”

Reaction score
Marry me.

Or at least let's have a trial marriage.

Hell, dinner and a couple of bottles of wine?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Finally! A statement from our President-Elect that I can get behind. :roll:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I heard an interview with a young black man and he said he was going to pull up his pants and put on a belt. (Same interview I mentioned before where they were talking about what Obama was going to do for people, but what people needed to do for themselves.) It made me smile.

Reaction score
I like this Barack Obama. We should keep our eyes on this guy. I think he may be going places. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Good move

Didn't Bill Cosby say something like that in the past?

Maybe folks will listen now. :D

There's hope for you yet, billythrilly. Stay tuned.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Can we expand this initiative to include all people who expose more of their undergarments than I care to see? The women who hang out of their shirts? And the "plumber's crack" type? Sadly, this pandemic is not just young people with their 'sagged' pants, but it ripples through the ages with ill-fitting clothes (and some denial.)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
But....but, when the bad guys run away and trip when their pants fall down, I mean....now what? Means they can run faster? Sigh.

Yes B.C. got into all kinds of trouble when he said things along this line. I'm glad O. said it. One of these days the youth will find someone they will listen to....maybe it will be the O. (One can only hope.........lol)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Gee, if he'd said this before the election I might have voted for him...

Me, too. If this 'fashion trend' stops because of an Obama presidency, we could call it successful on that alone.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Kids are still wearing their pants with their underwear showing?

I told my 16 year old daughter that I was gonna start wearing my pants that way, with my 'tightie whities' hanging out.

She was horrified, but agreed that I would probably stop the fad in no time.