• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hayes Design and Editorial Service

matdonna

matushka at large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rafterssriptorium.blogspot.com

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Four writing errors on the home page. Even more on the 'Editorial Services' page. I'm not even going to look at the other pages or else my eyes might bleed. Of course, the kinds of people who would notice the errors don't need their services, and the kinds of people who do need editorial services probably won't notice the errors (or else they'd fall into the first group). Sigh.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I hope there are no writers out there gullible enough to look at that site and find value in it. (Nice free web site, by the way) The book trailer sample was humiliatingly horrible. You can have one for $500.00. Sadly, the eager writer who knows nothing of the scads of writer scams out there will probably throw money at places like this one.

matdonna

matushka at large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rafterssriptorium.blogspot.com

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
This is shameless. Charging people $10 to participate in a blogroll with prompts?

poet4love2007

Registered
Reaction score
Where?

Where is this company located, there is no address on their site?

poet4love2007

Registered
Reaction score
why wouldn't I want their address, who would be crazy enough to use a company without a physical location?

poet4love2007

Registered
Reaction score
Besides that Living Waters has no business license in Arkansas, they were revoked by the state of arkansas, so this other company she has started might not either.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
why wouldn't I want their address, who would be crazy enough to use a company without a physical location?

Who would be crazy enough to pay a company that has absolutely no track record in the field--and that's the very least of their problems? Read this thread from the beginning. These folks can't edit their way out of a paper bag. Why would you even consider paying them to edit your work?

If you read this thread and the ones related to its principals, you'll see that this company is as unprofessional as they come. The publishing company (Living Waters) seems to have disappeared without a trace, as has this one--that's the reason there's no physical address. At the very very least, go read the most recent posts here on the Living Waters thread, though it's a great show if you read it from the beginning here. Threats of lawsuits (including against me), claims they'll be bigger than Random House 'within two years' (which, incidentally, would be right about now), failure to pay employees and contractors...it goes on and on and on. Pop up some popcorn and enjoy yourself.

But please Please PLEASE do not consider sending these folks any work!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website is now "unpublished".