The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Hayes Design and Editorial Service

Hayes Design and Editorial Service

FYI, this company:

http://hayesdesign.weebly.com/marketing.html

is another company or division or whatever they wish to call it of Living Waters Publishing Company.

The web page makes them look somewhat more professional than Aidana WillowRaven, who was previously connected to LWP, but even so they have very 'responsible' prices....
    http://raftersscriptorium.blogspot.com/

The Ravens of Farne, picture book, Conciliar Press Feb 2010

Bearing the Saint, YA historical, Conciliar Press June 2010

Four writing errors on the home page. Even more on the 'Editorial Services' page. I'm not even going to look at the other pages or else my eyes might bleed. Of course, the kinds of people who would notice the errors don't need their services, and the kinds of people who do need editorial services probably won't notice the errors (or else they'd fall into the first group). Sigh.
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

Author website | Author blog

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    I hope there are no writers out there gullible enough to look at that site and find value in it. (Nice free web site, by the way) The book trailer sample was humiliatingly horrible. You can have one for $500.00. Sadly, the eager writer who knows nothing of the scads of writer scams out there will probably throw money at places like this one.
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page if you're at all interested.

The King and Queen of Cheese BenPanced's Avatar
    She gave herself a testimony on the trailers page?

"Blog Building Festival"...I've heard of 'blog tours', but is it usual to charge a registration fee?

http://paradiseforwriters.blogspot.c...nual-blog.html

"The registration fee for this festival is $10 per blog, or $17 for two, payable through Paypal. To register, contact Chris Hayes at hayesdesigneditorial@gmail.com
    Registration cut off is August 30. "

um...red highlighting of the name Hayes was not mine, I cut & pasted...

This is shameless. Charging people $10 to participate in a blogroll with prompts?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Where?

Where is this company located, there is no address on their site?

Quote Originally Posted by poet4love2007 View Post
    Where is this company located, there is no address on their site?
    Why do you need their address?
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

why wouldn't I want their address, who would be crazy enough to use a company without a physical location?

Besides that Living Waters has no business license in Arkansas, they were revoked by the state of arkansas, so this other company she has started might not either.

Writer Beware's Faithful Igor Richard White's Avatar
    I found it interesting that she's following me on Twitter. I'm guessing she noted the "writer" on my bio and not the "writer beware".

*grin*

Quote Originally Posted by poet4love2007 View Post
    why wouldn't I want their address, who would be crazy enough to use a company without a physical location?
    Who would be crazy enough to pay a company that has absolutely no track record in the field--and that's the very least of their problems? Read this thread from the beginning. These folks can't edit their way out of a paper bag. Why would you even consider paying them to edit your work?

If you read this thread and the ones related to its principals, you'll see that this company is as unprofessional as they come. The publishing company (Living Waters) seems to have disappeared without a trace, as has this one--that's the reason there's no physical address. At the very very least, go read the most recent posts here on the Living Waters thread, though it's a great show if you read it from the beginning here. Threats of lawsuits (including against me), claims they'll be bigger than Random House 'within two years' (which, incidentally, would be right about now), failure to pay employees and contractors...it goes on and on and on. Pop up some popcorn and enjoy yourself.

But please Please PLEASE do not consider sending these folks any work!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Website is now "unpublished".
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: