I'm home alone, but I don't think I'm "alone"!

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Writerterri, I know how you feel. My friend (the one who's internet I borrow everyday to be here) lives in an old mansion that is haunted by an old lady. This woman does NOT like me it seems. I was out doing the dishes one afternoon and she has a shelf beside the sink with a picture frame on it. Well the damn picture falls over and hits me, hard! I stopped and fixed it, thinking maybe the shelf was loose and I bumped it and that's why I was attacked, but a couple weeks later I was washing the walls and tried to move the shelf and it doesn't budge!

Then again, now that I think of it, most of the problems I've had with her have been when I was near pictures. Maybe she doesn't like photographs being hung on the walls...

I can honestly say, it is quite freaky...

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Writerterri, I know how you feel. My friend (the one who's internet I borrow everyday to be here) lives in an old mansion that is haunted by an old lady. This woman does NOT like me it seems. I was out doing the dishes one afternoon and she has a shelf beside the sink with a picture frame on it. Well the damn picture falls over and hits me, hard! I stopped and fixed it, thinking maybe the shelf was loose and I bumped it and that's why I was attacked, but a couple weeks later I was washing the walls and tried to move the shelf and it doesn't budge!

Then again, now that I think of it, most of the problems I've had with her have been when I was near pictures. Maybe she doesn't like photographs being hung on the walls...

I can honestly say, it is quite freaky...

I have chills!

I'm going to go get my kids. Usually something will happen to them if it's still in here. I won't warn them and see how they react.

I had a picture fly off a wall at me and land just in front of me on the bed.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Tell it that it's your house, it doesn't live there anymore, and you order it to go. That should work. Take control.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Trish.

Four important words, werri, "Go to the light!" to the ghostie.

Once in a while I tell my husband when he acts like my mother, "Mom, go back to the light."

He doesn't think I'm funny. Oh, well. I laugh. :Shrug:

BTW, the picture thing happened around 15 years ago.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever watched "The Others," interesting little twist on hauntings, IMO.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nicole Kidman does a good job in it. Nice twist, but I figured it out early on in the movie and still enjoyed it.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
My cell phone will call the last number I called on its own. I think it's a glitch in the phones or a way to charge more since they make no noise and the connection can stay open. I always make sure the last number I called is home, so I won't inadvertantly be calling someone I'd annoy. That way I'm informed the minute I walk in the door, "Why'd you call if you weren't going to say anything?"

And I check the phone before I put it up.

If it helps remember Grant and Jason said in their 18 years of ghost hunting they'd never heard of a ghost hurting someone. Startling yes. Protecting yes, I've seen that myself. Just tonight they had a lady who was afraid of her ghost mention that she started cooking fell asleep, and the ghost made a loud noise before the pan burned up. They figured it kept the house from catching fire. At least it kept the pan from burning and melting to the stove and... draws a curtain over that memory.

S

Last edited:

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
Omg. I just read all this and I'm shocked.

I do not know a single person who's seen a ghost (other than my mother and myself- but our experiences are sort of weird- no actual manifestations or noises). We just had a fire start once in an impossible way in the house 2 weeks after my grandma (whom we were not on friendly terms with) died. The fire started next to a gas cylinder and we'd all have been blasted to smithereens if my father hadn't found it. I know it sounds accidental- but there is no way a fire could start the way it did then.

People here are treating this issue so casually! Like talking over drinks!

:e2thud:

Are hauntings so frequent in America?

Everything here IS serious right? :Ssh:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think some reports are probably false, but I don't think all of them are. There may be an explanation other than Ghost for Terri, but it may be and I for one feel that saying a prayer does two things, it will help with a ghost and help make her feel better.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Do those ghosts know they're dealing with Teh Dorkstress[TM]? Maybe you should tell them, so they'll know to leave you and the family alone!

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
has any thing else happened? if there have been other things get your house checked by some ghost hunters.

oh, and the protecting ghosts. once we had a carbon monoxide incident, and our houses ghost broke the windows. saved us all she did.

still couldn't stand in her corner, made my feet cold.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
:roll:
Get out! The calls are coming from inside the house!

Really though, I was thinking about this the other day, the coolest thing about seeing a ghost would have to be knowing that there's an afterlife. That has to knock some of the fear out of you when you think about it. Hi Mr. Ghostie. Oh what, you're threatening me? Gonna try to kill me? That makes sense, turn me into a ghost so I can hunt you down on a fair playing field and then we can go toe to toe... you sure you want to do that? Thought so... yeah... you better float away...
:ROFL:

Awaiting your first screen play for a movie involving the supernatural. Nice fresh take on it. Well done.

eLfwriter

Indiscriminate Tree-Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I practically grew up in a haunted school (my dad worked there and I'd jaunt over after class and play around until he was done with meetings and correcting and teacher stuff), and I've never had problems with any ghostie. Some of them are a little scary, but in my experience it's mostly just trying to make you jump. Some of them are like little kids that way -- they want a reaction.

I agree with a lot of the advice. Talk to it, joke around with it. If it's playing around with toilet paper and paper bags, I don't think it's out to get you, writerterri! Just keep that in mind. It's probably just trying to make a friend.

If you don't want it around anymore, take a piece of the house's foundation outside, away from the house, and that'll give your ghostie an outlet, somewhere else to go when he gets bored. That way maybe he'll let you off and go pester someone else.

Sometimes ghosts will attach themselves to a certain house; that's what happened with the school I talked about. When they shut down the school, dad and I and some of the other teachers snuck in and stole bits of brick work and floor boards and stuff. The science teacher took her whole door. We all have familiar ghosties at home now! :) And thank God for that, or life would be so lonely and quiet (ours likes to turn on the radio at 2am ... to country, no less.)

Hope you don't have to exorcise the poor thing. He's probably just looking for some attention ...

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
A child ghost would freak me out even more because I was told all children go to heaven.

For me a nice ghost doesn't exist. They are either currious or mean.

I wish you were here. Then we could see together. I'm just too chicken alone.
I don't think all children go to heaven. Have you ever heard the story about the two kids, one 10, another 12, who brutally beat a 2 year old then left him on the railroad tracks for dead (and it worked)? If they had died as children, I doubt they would have gone to heaven.

Not all ghosts are bad- I know ghosts who I believe sticked around to stay with their families, who died a bad death and couldn't let go, or simply wanted to stay on this planet.

I'd be more than happy to ghost bust your house for you :D Let me go find my vaccuum real quick....