I VOTED

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
. . . and I didn't get my sticker. :(

I got there at seven, right when the polls opened and I still had to wait an hour and a half in line. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I couldn't complain about how long it took because I was glad so many people showed up to vote. The couple behind me DID complain, the whole time, about how ridiculous the wait was and that our votes didn't matter anyway. But I waited patiently, and though it's not the reason I vote, I was thinking happily of the sticker I would get. I know it is stupid, but I like my little "I voted" sticker, and it gets me a free coffee at Starbucks. But they said they didn't have any stickers. So no sticker for me (or the hundreds of other voters there).

So how 'bout you? How was your voting experience?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was great, I vote absentee ballot.

Oh and :hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray: for you, me and everyone else who votes

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
My mom and I went to vote right after the polls opened here at six. It wasn't too bad then - but I live in a very small town. Even at ten after six, we were still the sixteenth and seventeenth people to vote. I hate to think what it would be like tonight :eek:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby said it was a nightmare when they opened at 7, but I only waited ten minutes or so (longest I've ever waited, though). No stickers here either... Wonder why?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a sticker conspiracy, heyjude.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't voted yet, but we will later. That's super everyone's voting!

Last edited:

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I got to the polls at 5:56 a.m. and in our little hometown corner they had people in the high school (where we voted) parking lot, directing traffic! And there was a line to get in but it moved quickly. We were back home by 6:13.

I asked the people working the polls there if they'd ever seen it so busy so early on election day and the reply was, "Never."

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I voted. By absentee ballot.

I didn't want to deal with the ladies at the polling place.
Them: Dear, I can't find your name in the book.
Me: Uh, that's not how my last name is spelled. S-k-a...
Them: S-a-a...
Me: No! S-k-a...Never mind. Let me have the book. (Tug of war ensues.)

The above has happened too many times. Minus the tug of war, though. That only happened once. Usually someone who can hear and see comes along to help.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
My fastest/easiest voting experience ever (and I vote in pretty much every election -- not just the presidential). NO ONE on line ahead of me at just before 10 a.m. and only one other guy even voting. He was kinda cute, so I gave him a smooch as he was leaving.

Funny that my dh and I arrived there at the same time and were the only two voters.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I smell a conspiracy.

NightShayde

Registered
Reaction score
So I totally don't turn 18 until next wed. :[ Makes me sad. Wish i could vote. I totally would. But I'm proud of everyone getting out there and voting. My daddy will give me his "i voted" sticker. He doesn't like to wear them.... Dunno why.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Night, my birthday is in late October, and I thought I could vote when I turned 18, but registration cut off was like ten days before my birthday, so I missed it. I was so bummed, but I've made up for it since then. :D

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
it was not good, i turn 18 in 19 days. so in other words, i just got to wish i could.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I stood in line about one minute, I voted, and got my sticker!
it was not good, i turn 18 in 19 days. so in other words, i just got to wish i could.
Yeah, sounds unfair - you gotta be 18 on election day, but as I interpret the Constitution (though it's extremely unlikely I'll be nominated for SCOTUS), the President doesn't have to be 35 until January 20th. Not that anyone that young has ever been a serious candidate.

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
I got a sticker; 'twas a happy moment. I went around 10:30a, walked right in. It was sort of surreal.

Anyone else ever panic after voting, thinking that somehow you got it wrong, and how does your ballot not get irrevocably lost to the puny scanner machine? After two years of campaigning, it all comes down to a black mark in a selected circle. I was automatically faced with, "It's got to be more complicated than this. Did I do it right?"

^ a life-long worrier (obviously.)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I do worry -- the voting machines scare me. Now, I'm a total techie so it's not the hardware or software. But the idea that what if my vote didn't register? What if there was a glitch? What if the power went off while I was voting? What if I clicked on the wrong boxes? What if there's no trail of my vote? What if...

In some way, I trust paper ballots more than voting machines. It's a comfort thing, for some reasons. Like I still prefer paper books to e-Books, even though I'm no technophobe.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I voted right after class. Unfortunately, I have never taken a serious look at politics until I came on this board. So I've only voted during Presidential elections. I have moved a couple of times since the last election.

I went to the place it said on my voter's registration. The voting moved to the church a block away. So I went down there. They did some stuff in the computer to change the address. Then I had to drive 50 blocks up the road to my new voting district. Luckily I found it very easily. It is the church right next to my apartment complex.

I had to get checked out by them and had some sort of handwritten thing made so I could vote. It took me about 10 minutes all total. I got a sticker.

We had some amendments here in Florida and while I was at the first voting district a lady came up and asked how to translate the amendments into Spanish because of all the legalese. But no one really knew how. I had a hard time understanding them and English is my only language. Why can't they write those in plain English.