• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tigert Literary Agency (Juliann Tigert)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a new agency
http://www.tigertliteraryagency.com/

It is worth noting that the agent's biography does not include any experience within publishing - she has set up the agency after a 'successful legal career'. The website does not currently list any books sold despite having been in business a year, and the submission guidelines for fiction are significantly different from standard in that they require a chapter by chapter outline, market analysis, marketing strategies and competitive analysis in the initial package.

The usual caveats apply.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

Juliann Tigert obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona in 1993. She graduated from the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii in 1998. After law school she joined a law firm that specialized in representing common-interest property associations. Her practice included litigation, real property law, collection law, foreclosure law, and bankruptcy law. After moving to the Washington, D.C., area, Ms. Tigert was a staff attorney with the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, where she developed innovative litigation support tools and services for plaintiff and criminal defense attorneys and participated in the counseling of governing boards on legal matters. Currently, Ms. Tigert is the founder and president of Tigert Literary Agency, LLC, a small, independent agency that provides full artist representation and literary career consulting to an eclectic list of authors and illustrators. Ms. Tigert is a member of the District of Columbia Bar, Hawaii State Bar, and the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. Ms. Tigert teaches Bankruptcy; Trust, Wills and Estates; Real Property; and the Cite Checking Workshop.
On assorted legal directories, her position with the ATLA is/was usually listed as "research attorney".

I find one PM rights listing for her.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
It is worth noting that the agent's biography does not include any experience within publishing - she has set up the agency after a 'successful legal career'. The website does not currently list any books sold despite having been in business a year, and the submission guidelines for fiction are significantly different from standard in that they require a chapter by chapter outline, market analysis, marketing strategies and competitive analysis in the initial package.

She also wants the synopsis double-spaced, which isn't standard, and a separate author bio.

- Victoria

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
So I guess I can quit worrying about the fact that I put two Gs in Tigert when I queried her just a while ago. That's what I get for trying to quickly fire off query when the twins are starting to wake from their nap!