AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Tigert Literary Agency (Juliann Tigert)

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar

Tigert Literary Agency (Juliann Tigert)

Here's a new agency
    http://www.tigertliteraryagency.com/

It is worth noting that the agent's biography does not include any experience within publishing - she has set up the agency after a 'successful legal career'. The website does not currently list any books sold despite having been in business a year, and the submission guidelines for fiction are significantly different from standard in that they require a chapter by chapter outline, market analysis, marketing strategies and competitive analysis in the initial package.

The usual caveats apply.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Juliann Tigert obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona in 1993. She graduated from the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii in 1998. After law school she joined a law firm that specialized in representing common-interest property associations. Her practice included litigation, real property law, collection law, foreclosure law, and bankruptcy law. After moving to the Washington, D.C., area, Ms. Tigert was a staff attorney with the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, where she developed innovative litigation support tools and services for plaintiff and criminal defense attorneys and participated in the counseling of governing boards on legal matters. Currently, Ms. Tigert is the founder and president of Tigert Literary Agency, LLC, a small, independent agency that provides full artist representation and literary career consulting to an eclectic list of authors and illustrators. Ms. Tigert is a member of the District of Columbia Bar, Hawaii State Bar, and the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. Ms. Tigert teaches Bankruptcy; Trust, Wills and Estates; Real Property; and the Cite Checking Workshop.
    On assorted legal directories, her position with the ATLA is/was usually listed as "research attorney".

I find one PM rights listing for her.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    It is worth noting that the agent's biography does not include any experience within publishing - she has set up the agency after a 'successful legal career'. The website does not currently list any books sold despite having been in business a year, and the submission guidelines for fiction are significantly different from standard in that they require a chapter by chapter outline, market analysis, marketing strategies and competitive analysis in the initial package.
    She also wants the synopsis double-spaced, which isn't standard, and a separate author bio.

- Victoria

practical experience, FTW
    So I guess I can quit worrying about the fact that I put two Gs in Tigert when I queried her just a while ago. That's what I get for trying to quickly fire off query when the twins are starting to wake from their nap!

As of this posting, this is from her website "Submissions Currently we are only accepting submissions referred to us by our colleagues or clients. "
    no$ on P&E
    http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/pealt.htm

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Her site's been wiped and the last post on her blog (http://www.literary-insights.com/) is from '09.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: