Call for Erotic Short Story Submissions (This is a paying market)

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Politics" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and politics. Sex and politics go together like wine and cheese, after all, so let's see those stories! Any and all interpretations of the "Sex and Politics" theme considered-----from a local election for the wastewater-treatment department all the way up to the President of the United States. International political settings are welcome too!. We'll even consider office politics! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is December 1, 2008; the anthology will be released on Inauguration Day 2009, just in time for our new US president! Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to [email protected] in MS Word format.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: SEX AND SCIENCE

Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Science" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and science. Interpretations of the "Sex and Science" theme are wide open------it can mean erotic science fiction, sex in a science lab, cybernetic sex, holographic/virtual sex, sex therapists doing experiments, sex in a medical setting, you name it! Show us how creative you can be with this theme! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is January 1, 2009. Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to [email protected] in MS Word format.

ELMontague

Point of Information: Why do the pieces go to Jamaica Layne instead of Submissions@RavenousRomance?

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Because Jamaica Layne is the editor for this anthology. Ravenous hired me to edit the anthology, collect and review submissions, etc. This is what they do with most of their anthologies.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Please note that we can only accept original stories for this market. Previously published stories are not eligible.

ELMontague

Sakamonda - I will submit a piece to you. Should finish it tonight, a week with the readers and edits. You'll have something mid-month.

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a link to a web site with submission guidelines, taboo list, rights of ownership and such? Are those the only anthologies open?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Alas, I'm--pun intended--screwed. :roll:

I decided to jump in with both feet last night and subbed an erotic horror with a non-HEA.

Oh, well. Good luck, everyone else!

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
I'll still take a look at it Callalilly. Or you could rework the ending and resubmit if you like.

ELMontague

OK - So, I meant to wait for feedback on the Sex and Politics piece, but I enjoyed myself enough with that one, that I'll have one for Sex and Science too.

I hope they are well received.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sent mine today, in a 30-second window of thinking it was good enough. Of course, now that window's closed again and I'm imagining you slapping your forehead over having to read it.

Sorry! ;)

Maryn, not really sorry

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Sex & Politics submissions will be closed as of midnight tomorrow (US Central Time).

Sex & Science submissions still open, through January 1st.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Sex & Science Submissions are closed as of midnight tonight (January 1), USA Central Time.

Have received oodles of subs from many top erotica authors from all over the world, so getting into this anthology will be super-competitive.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Are there likely to be any more anthologies along these lines on other themes? If so, is this the best place to look for sub guidelines, or on the Ravenous Romance website?

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
You can look at the Ravenous Romance blog for the latest anthology guidelines:
ravenousromance.blogspot.com. There are a few new calls for subs there. I post guidelines here when I'm editing an anthology, but not all the editors do that.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Thanks for the info. I admit, I didn't find the sub guidelines at first glance, but I just missed them on the About page.

Last edited: