Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Call for Erotic Short Story Submissions (This is a paying market)

Call for Erotic Short Story Submissions (This is a paying market)

Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Politics" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and politics. Sex and politics go together like wine and cheese, after all, so let's see those stories! Any and all interpretations of the "Sex and Politics" theme considered-----from a local election for the wastewater-treatment department all the way up to the President of the United States. International political settings are welcome too!. We'll even consider office politics! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is December 1, 2008; the anthology will be released on Inauguration Day 2009, just in time for our new US president! Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to jamaicalayne@yahoo.com in MS Word format.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: SEX AND SCIENCE

Erotica author Jamaica Layne is editing a "Sex and Science" anthology for Ravenous Romance. Seeking short erotic stories, 2000-4500 words in length (flexible) on the convergence of sex and science. Interpretations of the "Sex and Science" theme are wide open------it can mean erotic science fiction, sex in a science lab, cybernetic sex, holographic/virtual sex, sex therapists doing experiments, sex in a medical setting, you name it! Show us how creative you can be with this theme! Male-female, male-male, female-female, menage, BDSM, all are welcome. Quality writing is what matters most. Submission deadline is January 1, 2009. Advance paid, plus split of royalties. Submit your stories to jamaicalayne@yahoo.com in MS Word format.
    www.jamaicalayne.com, http://jamaicalayne.blogspot.com
    www.ravenousromance.com

MARKET FOR LOVE now available; Buy it here.

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

4 Stars!----Romantic Times Magazine

ELMontague
    Point of Information: Why do the pieces go to Jamaica Layne instead of Submissions@RavenousRomance?

Because Jamaica Layne is the editor for this anthology. Ravenous hired me to edit the anthology, collect and review submissions, etc. This is what they do with most of their anthologies.
    www.ravenousromance.com

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

ELMontague
    fair enough. Thank you.

Please note that we can only accept original stories for this market. Previously published stories are not eligible.
    www.ravenousromance.com

ELMontague
    Sakamonda - I will submit a piece to you. Should finish it tonight, a week with the readers and edits. You'll have something mid-month.

practical experience, FTW MargueriteMing's Avatar
    Is there a link to a web site with submission guidelines, taboo list, rights of ownership and such? Are those the only anthologies open?

www.ravenousromance.com
    ravenousromance.blogspot.com
    www.ravenousromance.com

Sometimes I creep myself out. AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    Alas, I'm--pun intended--screwed.

I decided to jump in with both feet last night and subbed an erotic horror with a non-HEA.

Oh, well. Good luck, everyone else!

I'll still take a look at it Callalilly. Or you could rework the ending and resubmit if you like.
    www.ravenousromance.com

Sometimes I creep myself out. AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    Thank you! Please look at it as-is and let me know. I can see my way to a possible different ending, but it's your call.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin cameronknight's Avatar
    How interesting! I'm always looking for additional publishers to throw my stories at. I'll have a browse around!

A.J.

ELMontague
    Submission sent for "Sex and Politics."

ELMontague
    OK - So, I meant to wait for feedback on the Sex and Politics piece, but I enjoyed myself enough with that one, that I'll have one for Sex and Science too.

I hope they are well received.

Thanks, I look forward to reviewing them.
    www.ravenousromance.com

princemamuwaldi
    Kindly let me know if the story entitled "Beef Stew" meets your criteria

Thanks

http://shadez.vox.com/

The moving hand, having writ... AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    Sent mine today, in a 30-second window of thinking it was good enough. Of course, now that window's closed again and I'm imagining you slapping your forehead over having to read it.

Sorry!

Maryn, not really sorry
    Kindness. It doesn't cost a damned thing. If you're smart, you'll spread that stuff all over the place.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Maryn Says
    , an irregular blog
    The Occasional Tweet

Sent "Marital Bliss" your way.

Sex & Politics submissions will be closed as of midnight tomorrow (US Central Time).

Sex & Science submissions still open, through January 1st.
    www.ravenousromance.com

Sex & Science Submissions are closed as of midnight tonight (January 1), USA Central Time.

Have received oodles of subs from many top erotica authors from all over the world, so getting into this anthology will be super-competitive.
    www.ravenousromance.com

Are there likely to be any more anthologies along these lines on other themes? If so, is this the best place to look for sub guidelines, or on the Ravenous Romance website?

Hungry? Check out my other half's blog Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen.

You can look at the Ravenous Romance blog for the latest anthology guidelines:
    ravenousromance.blogspot.com. There are a few new calls for subs there. I post guidelines here when I'm editing an anthology, but not all the editors do that.
    www.ravenousromance.com

Thanks for the info. I admit, I didn't find the sub guidelines at first glance, but I just missed them on the About page.
    Last edited by nkkingston; 01-08-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Hungry? Check out my other half's blog Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen.