Some things should not be made into inflatables

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Um, what are "jazz hands?"

Gotta admit, that's a sorry looking nativity scene if there ever was one...

eLfwriter

Indiscriminate Tree-Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
hee hee ... amusing but ... wouldn't ever have that on my front lawn.

Or within 150 miles of my church.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Um, what are "jazz hands?"

Gotta admit, that's a sorry looking nativity scene if there ever was one...

JazzHandsCat2.jpg

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing should have ever been made inflatable (except women so Bravo has someone to spend Friday nights with. ;) ).

There's a house I drive by on my way to work that has every season covered: Easter bunny, Pumpkin for Halloween, several Christmas ones. They make me want to slash them to bits. Last year the 7 Christmas inflatables were dead on the lawn in March. It was sad to watch.

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
The bouncy ones are fun though for kids (sweet memories).

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I hate the inflatables, viscerally. In fact, in the MG book I'm querying, my MC kills an evil animated inflatable yard Santa and thinks to himself how much he hates inflatables. That scene is a bit autobiographical.

Saint Fool

Registered
Reaction score
One or two per street aren't all that bad, although the multicolored condom effect in the daytime is just tacky. Last year, the people on the street above mine apparently had some sort of inflatable war going on and at night it looked like a a low budget imitation of the Staypuff scene in Ghostbusters: 10 to 15 per lawn for about six or seven houses straight. No theme other than look how many of these I can buy. And during the day? Shudders.

Last edited:

eLfwriter

Indiscriminate Tree-Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Last year, the people on the street above mine apparently had some sort of inflatable war going on and at night it looked like a a low budget imitation of the Staypuff scene in Ghostbusters:

Ghostbusters rules.

My horror story? I live in the windy capital of all the world, but for some reason, people think it's a good idea to challenge the elements by putting their inflatables up on their roofs. It's kinda funny to see these things blown up not by their fans, but by the wind. And they all lean to the side at the exact same angle. We've got one street in town two blocks over from my house where every house has the same santa-in-sleigh-with-reindeer inflatables, and they all stick them on their roofs, all facing the same way.

Creepy? Yes. Disturbing? Definitely. But they win the 'street decorating challenge' every year. Creepy? ... absitively.

The best is when an inflatable isn't anchored right and it goes flying off into the oblivion. Sometimes the loose santa or snowman or whatever gets stuck in a tree. Sometimes it attacks small children.

Ah, sweet holiday memories.

.... I wanna know where to get that inflatable church. That's just hilarious.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I get those Oriental Trading catalogs sometimes in the mail. Some of their religious-themed items are - questionable at best.

I saw something on TV awhile back about a guy who had all kinds of seriously tacky inflatable Christmas stuff all over his lawn - until a bunch of kids attacked Frosty the Giant Inflatable Snowman and several other atrocities with knives. My first (evil) thought was that those kids should have been given an award for community service, not punished. After all, they were doing their part to help clean up the neighborhood....