sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Can't-afford-it-but-dreaming gifts:

This and a good laptop.
A Kindle.

Sensible hoping-to-get-one-for-xmas gifts:

Heated foot rest
Chair pad massager - tried this while waiting at the doc's the other day, and mmmmn.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I want one of these. Put it up in the local forest ( we haz a dragon!) with some leccy, a kettle, a beer fridge and a PC.

I keep telling my Old Man that's what I want - He keeps ignoring me. *Sigh* It's like when he asks me what I want for my birthday and I say 'to be a kept woman'. I never get what I ask for :cry:

s.w. Gamble

Registered
Reaction score
I would say books or one of my favorite presents I received was a leather notebook with my pseudonym engraved.

Mumbleduck

Quackin' up.
Registered
Reaction score
For Christmas this year, I've been asking for gift certificates for online classes with the Gotham Writers Workshop (www.writingclasses.com). I work full-time, and don't have the qualifications I need to get into university, so this is the best I can do right now. But if I build up a portfolio, hopefully I'll be able to apply for English degree courses as a mature student...then all I'd need for Christmas would be a rich benefactor to pay my tuition fees!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A Moleskine notebook and a really nice pen.

A gift certificate/card to an office supply store.

A pound of their favorite coffee or a box of their favorite tea.

A nice mug to go with the coffee or tea.

Some homemade nibbles to go with the coffee or tea. Two dozen cookies, a loaf of bread, some cupcakes - heck, nothing says "I love you" like a homemade gift!

A gift card/certificate to their favorite bookstore.

A nice backpack to carry all of the above.

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
A cat.
The really great writers always have a cat nearby.

As I type, my cat is about 6 inches away. She can't be on my lap because that's where my - laptop is.

Speaking of laptops and laps, I adore my chill pad. It actually has a little built-in fan, and plugs into a USB port. Without it my laptop gets quite warm on my lap, and I hate being hot.

I'm another one who would love Starbucks gift certificates, and B&N. Post-it flags would be a good stocking stuffer.

I'd love a really lightweight laptop case. The case I have is pretty heavy, and makes transporting my laptop much more cumbersome. As long as I'm wishing, though, how about a MacBook Air?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd like:

A writing class or conference

Gift certificate to any bookstore

Books on writing (or any books really)

and if it's not too much to ask, I'd really like:
A five book contract with a major publishing house

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An endless supply of computers so when the screen freezes, or the flie disappears, or the system shuts down, etc etc i can safely bash the crap out each said computer :Hammer:

jessicaorr

Book fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like a nanny too. Oh, that and a two story abbey style library furnished with a spiral staircase, floor to ceiling glass enclosed shelves, complete Oxford English Dictionary, antique roll top desk and a one-million dollar amazon.com gift card. Am I greedy? It's just a small wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.