Would Hell be INT or EXT?

red hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Ah ok, thanks Jon. That method should work good with what I have. :)

As far as night and day, I just used 'continuous'.

Everyone's answers are good. I have however written a script that took place in, Hell, on Earth, past and present. I didn't think this was a problem to figure out. But I did it my own way. I wouldn't use Continuous, unless the current scene is continuing. I know it's still correct but think about this. In my script, I would change up day and night in hell by:

EXT. HELL - FEILD - (NIGHT)
I left this open, I used instead of night, was pitch black. Or you could do it in the discription. Such as, so and so walks through the feild trying to find his way in total darkness. Or you can start the scene as. DARK... You decide how we might see the charater. After all even in jungle scene such as the one in Platton, it would be too dark to see a charater. But I digress.

OTHER EXAMPLES:

EXT. HELL CITY - FIRE RED SKY
I used this exact description when describing what we were looking at. Can't get any simplier than that.

If you plan to say in hell, then you don't need to keep adding hell until you leave hell, so it would look like this.

INT. CAVE
INT. OFFICE
EXT. STREET
OR
EXT. HELL CITY - STREET
INT. DEMONS OFFICE - ....

And so on.

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone's answers are good. I have however written a script that took place in, Hell, on Earth, past and present. I didn't think this was a problem to figure out. But I did it my own way. I wouldn't use Continuous, unless the current scene is continuing. I know it's still correct but think about this. In my script, I would change up day and night in hell by:

EXT. HELL - FEILD - (NIGHT)
I left this open, I used instead of night, was pitch black. Or you could do it in the discription. Such as, so and so walks through the feild trying to find his way in total darkness. Or you can start the scene as. DARK... You decide how we might see the charater. After all even in jungle scene such as the one in Platton, it would be too dark to see a charater. But I digress.

OTHER EXAMPLES:

EXT. HELL CITY - FIRE RED SKY
I used this exact description when describing what we were looking at. Can't get any simplier than that.

If you plan to say in hell, then you don't need to keep adding hell until you leave hell, so it would look like this.

INT. CAVE
INT. OFFICE
EXT. STREET
OR
EXT. HELL CITY - STREET
INT. DEMONS OFFICE - ....

And so on.

We do good answer. BTW - Field. Platoon. ;) And why not post the first ten of your script to give others the benefit of your experience? :)