• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fire & Ice Publishing Enterprise

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this company? I met a woman last night who was hawking her book, and it was pubbed by this company.

I pray to God it came from a vanity press; wretched doesn't even begin to cover it.

I could only find one book on Amazon pubbed by Fire and Ice, and it was hers, and google brought back nothing.

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
I hope so. If someone paid her for that, I might have to start breaking all my pens...

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
Nietzsche wrote poetry?

Oh, my. I should have stayed under my rock.

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
It's int'ing what you say, robeiae, b/c of two reasons which make this coincidental.

- "Fire and Ice" was a theory proposed by Horbiger, an Austrian engineer, in the beginning of the 20th cent, into which I won't go now. Among other crazy notions and theories, it had a pronounced influence on the Nazi thought and even their way of fighting b/c of its aleged capability to predict the weather. It was partly responsible for a disastrous campaign in Russia, and for not conquering Moscow in this campaign, when it was more than possible, b/c the soldiers went to battle in light uniforms while it was snowy and very cold outside - the Horbiger scientists predicted wrongly a mild winter.

- Nietzsche's philosophy was very influential, too, with the Nazis.

I'd like to know the name and the subject of the bk that BlueTexas mentions.

Dan

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
WriteRead said:
It's int'ing what you say, robeiae, b/c of two reasons which make this coincidental.

- "Fire and Ice" was a theory proposed by Horbiger, an Austrian engineer, in the beginning of the 20th cent, into which I won't go now. Among other crazy notions and theories, it had a pronounced influence on the Nazi thought and even their way of fighting b/c of its aleged capability to predict the weather. It was partly responsible for a disastrous campaign in Russia, and for not conquering Moscow in this campaign, when it was more than possible, b/c the soldiers went to battle in light uniforms while it was snowy and very cold outside - the Horbiger scientists predicted wrongly a mild winter.

- Nietzsche's philosophy was very influential, too, with the Nazis.

I'd like to know the name and the subject of the bk that BlueTexas mentions.

Dan

It wasn't the UK publisher listed above. The book was "Lana's Magic Garden" or something close to that. It was a new-agey bunch of nonsense. I'm pretty sure it was self-pubbed and the Fire and Ice title was a play on a poem.

(Note: I'm not saying new-agey stuff is nonsense, just this particular book.)

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't imagine that it does, seeing the subject matter of the book was shamanistic hoohah and psychic magic.
WriteRead said:
I see. But you don't know if it has any connection w what I wrote?

Dan

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
I see...
icon10.gif
Dan

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be the same publisher as Lana Stevens' Fire & Ice Publishing Co. The one you link, an imprint of Melange Books LLC, appears to be for teens and new adults, and Lana's Magic Garden is not among their titles. People here at AW have discussed Melange--click on the link.

Maryn, seeing red flags