What kinda candy ya puttin' out for the kiddies on Halloween?

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate and Nerds- Someone else mentioned Nerds, they are disgusting, but the kids love them.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate and Nerds- Someone else mentioned Nerds, they are disgusting, but the kids love them.

Yep, it's a tie between Nerds and Spongebob Krabby Patties for 1st place in my very unscientific study.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I think with the shrinking chocolate bars, kids here love small bags of chips. I buy 3 huge boxes of ass't individual bags of chips from Costco and get the most trick-or-treaters on my block. And they're not expensive. About $10 for a box of 50 bags. I get well over 100 kids. (Did I say we have an elementary school down the street?!) And what's left over, we eat.

(Wendy--I'll bet that neighbor who hands out toothbrushes gets tons of kids! ;) )

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Well Halloween on a Friday night where I live means we'll have TONS of kids - our town is old-fashioned that way, they come in from neighboring towns to trick or treat.
And we haven't bought any candy yet - usually we're stocked up by now.
We usually give out lollipops, small candy bars: Hershey's, Milky Ways, that kind of thing. I put it all in a big bowl and dole it out by the handful.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
but... but I like nerds.

:(

Pssst...I like nerds, too.

I most likely get an assortment of candy, buy entirely too much, and listen to my husband complain that a)I've bought too much candy and we'll have too much leftover while also complaining that b)I'm giving out too much candy to each kid and we'll run out.

:Shrug:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My partner went nuts and bought twenty pounds of candy: snickers, mars, 3 musketeers, nerds, heath, rolos, laffy taffy, and kit-kat. Did I mention that we go out to West Hollywood and we reverse trick-or-treat--give out candy to all the kids? So we get to lug all 20 delightful pounds of sugar around with us! Awesome! I anticipate needing to eat a lot of it to lighten my load...

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
We don't get hardly any trick or treaters so we aren't handing out any this year, I can't take my kids out trick or treating due to allergies so we're throwing a halloween party instead. It should be fun.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only chocolate.

Boom. That's the best answer anyone can possibly give.

I've said it elsewhere (*cough*myhilariousblog*cough*), and I'll repeat here, do NOT just go with one of those giant hard candy grab bags full of peppermints and "fruit-flavored" hard candy wrapped in plastic with pictures of the fruit it allegedly tastes like on it.

And absolutely no Tootsie Rolls. Those things have to be stopped.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
C4, Silver bullets and oak stakes blessed with holy water.

Flame throwers are too expensive this year.

If the zombies get out of hand, I'll take care of it myself.. The kids only waste HNO3 destroying shrubberies.....