• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Production co.] WorldLight Pictures, Inc. (Rachid Moussadek)

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
WorldLight Pictures / Rachid Moussadek (producer)

Just wondering if anyone has heard of either Rachid Moussadek (producer) or WorldLight Pictures Inc.

I'm always a little skeptical when a producer contacts me as opposed to me contacting them.

I can find very little about this person/group.

RN

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of either but then again I'm not very proficient with names. They always seem to escape me.

Stylo

wall gazer extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... if you can't find any info on this person I'd recommend giving him a wide berth. That said, the first Prod co that showed interest in my work contacted me (through a writers directory on another site) and are now trying to get funding for a sitcom I've written, so it can happen that way.

thewritre

Registered
Reaction score
Rachid Moussadek

I have heard of this guy, anyone else. He commisioned a friend of mine to write a script. I think it was kind of a bad deal.

thewritre

Registered
Reaction score
Fellow writers,
Rashid Moussadek, an alleged "producer" for CAA, has been fishing for suckers...errr...I mean writers on Craigslist for sometime now. Be careful of this guy. He offers you a deal, makes you do the work, and then drops you and has others do cheap re-writes. I'm involved in a few writers groups in LA and I've been hearing more and more about this guy. Don't believe me??? Check him out. You can't. Be careful fellow writers.

johhnywriter69

Registered
Reaction score
He's approached me. I called CAA and they vouched for him. But is he really that bad, should I dump him?

kellianne

Rashid Moussadek???

I was intro'd to him through an ass't at Endeavor. He said RM was connected all over town (though I couldn't find any info on him either). RM commissioned me to write a feature based on a novel/franchise character. Said he owned the rights to the to the character, the bestseller, and all books in the series. Also said he'd send me a contract and some money.

As it turns out he didn't own the rights, never sent a contract and not a dime.

he lied, he lied, he lied - I know cuz I contacted the agents handling the author's book's rights. Guess what? all still available.

But this isn't my first rodeo so I didn't send him a single word of a really kick-ass 36 pp treatment.

Just saw that he's got some project in development:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/451196/Untitled-Worldlight-Pictures-Storm-Project-/details

So beware. get an address and a phone no. and call back. get a contract b4 sending one word. he plays the game like this is the way its done in hollywood (read: find and eager writer and get him to slave on spec and empty promises to give him projects to take to set up at a studio and worry about the rights negotiations later).

johhnywriter69

Registered
Reaction score
rachid

yeah,, i found that too but since I'm from NYC East VillageI know the type. LOL. He promised me connections at endevour and CAA. I sent him scripts he said he wanted to option then just never sent contracts. Then asked me to write a new screenplay with no money up front. So is he really connected or another chump? Haven't spoken with him in months so maybe he's for real know. What else he lie about?

ricetalks

Registered
Reaction score
yeah,, i found that too but since I'm from NYC East VillageI know the type. LOL. He promised me connections at endevour and CAA. I sent him scripts he said he wanted to option then just never sent contracts. Then asked me to write a new screenplay with no money up front. So is he really connected or another chump? Haven't spoken with him in months so maybe he's for real know. What else he lie about?

What's left to lie about?

Burned Writer

ever hear more about this guy?
Rachid Moussadek completely screwed me over. Seriously, I've been dealing with this phony for over a year. I can honestly state that NOTHING he said or promised came true. NOTHING. He gave me a check for a first draft I wrote for him (after I wrote it) and it BOUNCED. The freakin' check BOUNCED! He promised it was a mistake and that he'd get the money immediately to me. Well, that was September 2008! I have still not received a penny. In fact, I lost money because of the bank charge I got from his bounced check. The guy works at a car wash for Christ's Sake. You know, the guy who gives you the ticket in line. He doesn't have the means to buy properties or pay any writers. He searches for writers on Craigslist!!! Okay? What real producer looks for talent on Craigslist? None, that's who.
STEAR CLEAR FROM THIS JOKER!

Last edited:

Burned Writer

I was intro'd to him through an ass't at Endeavor. He said RM was connected all over town (though I couldn't find any info on him either). RM commissioned me to write a feature based on a novel/franchise character. Said he owned the rights to the to the character, the bestseller, and all books in the series. Also said he'd send me a contract and some money.

As it turns out he didn't own the rights, never sent a contract and not a dime.

he lied, he lied, he lied - I know cuz I contacted the agents handling the author's book's rights. Guess what? all still available.

But this isn't my first rodeo so I didn't send him a single word of a really kick-ass 36 pp treatment.

So beware. get an address and a phone no. and call back. get a contract b4 sending one word. he plays the game like this is the way its done in hollywood (read: find and eager writer and get him to slave on spec and empty promises to give him projects to take to set up at a studio and worry about the rights negotiations later).
Not a good arrangement for me.

Last edited:

johhnywriter69

Registered
Reaction score
LOL.. curiosity is killing me!! What screenplay/novel did get you to write? He started promising to hook me up with CAA and stuff... I moved far far away with silly promises like that. And works at the car wash... lol. Figured. Has this guy ever paid anyone? Why hasn't anyone called his "agent" at CAA and let the fellas there know what he's pulling?

johhnywriter69

Registered
Reaction score
lol... email me.. love to exchange notes... what screenplay did he ask you to write? I bailed on this guy months ago but it still bugs me CAA vouched for him.

MrJayVee

Pro scribe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theworkingscreenwriter.blogspot.com
One more time...

I say this every chance I get, and I'm gonna say it again now:

If you make a deal to work for hire, don't do a stitch of work until you get paid. And if you're handed a rather complex contract, pay the $$ to have an entertainment attorney look it over.

Scumbags rip off novice writers every day of the week. DON'T BE ONE OF THEM.

LimboLarry

Rachid Moussadek

Count me in as another "victim." I sent in previously written material to him, he sent a contract, but nothing signed back from him after I mailed it out. Doesn't return phone calls in a timely manner and generally just doesn't do what he says he's going to do. A big wasted effort. Yes, CAA confirmed that he has ties there, but what does that mean. Had a meeting tentatively set up with him, but he backed out. Does he really work at a frickin' car wash? And how the hell did you find this out--disguised yourself as an Audi?