• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Weed Literary, LLC (Elisabeth Weed)

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
I looked all over and couldn't find a thread on this agency. Elisabeth Weed used to work for Trident and started her own agency in 2007.

I e-queried on 9/04 and got an R today.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, CaoPaux. I notice you add them often, and it's a great help.

I checked her out but she doesn't represent what I write.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to both of you! I queried her on 8-9 and haven't heard anything back. Probably the usual R, but I had to try.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
I got a speedy request off an e-mail query. I'd walk over a patch of hot coals if I thought it would get me this literary agent! She's got one impressive list of recent sales in PublishersMarketplace.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also wondering whether she reps YA. I guess if no one answers, we might as well just query and see what happens.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else getting bounce backs on emails?

xolotl

Registered
Reaction score
BOUNCE-BACKS

QUOTE: Anyone else getting bounce backs on emails?

YEAH - TRIED 3 DAYS AGO AND AGAIN TODAY. QUICK BOUNCE-BACKS AS UNDELIVERABLE.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe she's got a full inbox or something. I'll try it again in a few days, and if that doesn't work I'll snail mail it.

dgaughran

Banned
Reaction score
Website
davidgaughran.wordpress.com
FYI:

Stephanie Sun, who handles submissions for Weed Literary, is on vacation. Emails to her address prompt the following auto-responder:

I will be away on vacation from Monday, February 22 to Monday, March
1. I will be checking e-mails periodically. Thank you and I hope you
have a great week.

Probably best to wait until after March 1 to query this agency.

tanglewoodtracey

Loves a good trainwreck
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.traceygarvisgraves.com
Just wanted to post this contest info. Allison Winn Scotch, one of my favorite authors, is hosting a contest on her blog along with her agent Elizabeth Weed.

http://www.allisonwinn.com/ask-alli...ur-pencils-another-big-contest-is-coming.html

To be eligible, you need to show proof that you've bought her latest book, The One That I Want within the first four days that it's on sale and then Elizabeth will read your query and 1st chapter. Official rules have not been posted yet (they'll be up soon) and I'm not sure if the contest will only apply to finished manuscripts (mine is still a WIP so I'll be bummed if that disqualifies me) but I wanted to let everyone know, especially if they have a completed manuscript.

Also, Allison's blog is one of my favorites. Lots of good advice for writers. Check it out.

Tracey

Leonidas

sui generis
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to query the Elisabeth Weed agency a little while ago and experienced the same bounce-back problem that Katie did in February. The feedback data said "no such e-mail exists", so I'm a bit worried that the agency may have closed. Has anybody heard anything to that effect?

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to query the Elisabeth Weed agency a little while ago and experienced the same bounce-back problem that Katie did in February. The feedback data said "no such e-mail exists", so I'm a bit worried that the agency may have closed. Has anybody heard anything to that effect?

That would surprise me- to the extent that I'm comfortable saying she hasn't closed with a fair degree of certainty. I just met Elisabeth Weed a few weeks ago and she seemed very much business as usual. Also, if you look at the post above yours, she's currently receiving queries through a contest on Allison Winn Scotch's blog.

I suspect you've experienced Interweb gremlins. Maybe incompatible browser issues? Also, have you tried from a different email?

connecto

Registered
Reaction score
Leonidas,
Not sure when you queried her, but I know for a fact she is still in business as I was just having a dialogue with her earlier in the week. I know her email was down at one point this week so if you queried her then that would explain it.

I ended up signing with a different agency (Elisabeth didn't have time to read my manuscript in the time frame I needed and I ended up getting a few other offers I was really happy with) but she is definitely a dream agent from everything I've heard. She was recommended to me by 2 different editors and another agent so she is obviously well respected. And very nice. Definitely re-query!