Cricket Magazine Group Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenzafar

Could anyone who's received a rejection from a Carus magazine (Babybug, Ladybug, Spider, Cricket, Cicada) tell me if their rejection slip said this:

". . . we regret to inform you that we do not find it [your material] appropriate for our publications."

I've gotten this from Cicada and Cricket, and wonder if it is simply standard rejection-speak. I try not to read too much into these things, but being told my material is inappropriate makes me wonder if I was REALLY off the mark or just foul or something :b

Thanks!

Stephanie

At least they respond!

Just keep submitting, Jen. You've got stiff competition - and don't forget to submit those rejections elsewhere.

All the best!

lizdoll63

New

I just sent some very basic, 8-10 word poems to baby bug about 4-6 weeks ago haven't heard back. How long till you recv rejection letter?

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
I don't remember exact time it took for me to hear back but I would say between 2 and 3 months. I submitted to them a few times. You should hear something though, they do send out rejection notices as well as acceptance last I knew of which was abuot Oct last year.

espz

Same form rejection from cricket for me. Sent July 7, 2004, came back on Dec 1, 2004, so five month turn around on my manuscript.

Status
Not open for further replies.