What is the best line you used to get rid of someone you didn't want hitting on you?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what it is. I must be wearing perfume with Luser Musk in it or something.

I think I wear that same one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best thing wasn't what I said but what I did.

Happened when I was in high school (real long time ago before cell phones) My sister her boyfriend and I were going to the Bruins game. I had the tickets she was at his house and we had a kicking snow storm. Having no way to contact her, I had to walk two miles to the train station in the snow, because the bus broke down.

Waited on a outside platform for a train got the Garden sat, soaking wet, freezing cold for three hours in an ice arena until I could leave. I had icicles in my hair, I was frozen solid and some bozo decides I'm his dream girl on the train home. Nothing I said would make him go away until I looked him dead in the eye and wiped my nose down my sleeve and hand. He got up and left. :D

Best thing I ever said was-"I'm not sure if it's you or the booze you reek of that is more obnoxious." He left

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I used to have a real problem having to say no to someone. I never wanted to hurt someone's feelings.

All I ever said when I got a phone call and didn't like the guy was, "I can't go out tonight. I have to wash my hair."

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I used to have that problem. I have in recent times, developed the ability to tell a guy off quite succinctly. A necessary skill at times. But I'm a softy for some of them. They're just so darn cute!

Last edited:

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
You wanna watch me comb my dingleberries with a fork????

Gets em every time.....

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Actually I think the best one I've ever seen was in a club. This guy gets rather drunk and thinks that streaking might help his chances. So he runs over to this girl, stark naked and say 'How about it darlin'? Like what you see, it's all yours!'

She said 'Does it come in adult sizes?'

Yeah I go to all the best clubs :) Dead posh me.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't necessarily a line I used, but once when I was at a club, this really drunk guy kept insisting on talking to me. I tried being nice, being rude, all of it, but he was really drunk and wouldn't stop. I was actually standing at the bar, and he kept trying to buy my drinks. Usually I'm ok with free drinks, but this guy was really driving me nuts and I didn't want to do anything to encourage him. He kept trying to tell the bartender that my drinks were on him, I kept trying to say no. Finally I told him that it was fine. He could buy the drink. Then I proceeded to order mixed drinks for my entire group (there were about 8 of us). He definitely left me alone after that. :D

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
People actually streak in your club? What kind is it?

Well that particular one... not one I'd normally go to. There weren't any bikers there and the music! *eyes go crossed* pop pap.

But it was free entry and cheap drinks for girlies. I did get an education in how chavs live though so not a wasted evening :)

ETA: of course, if you want nakedness I can point you in the right direction

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"No thanks, I'm just relaxing tonight."

Seriously, that's it, and that only applies in certain situations. Girls get to have all the great lines. If you use a diss line as a dude you are guaranteed to come off as a jerk. In all fairness, though, girls are usually more polite with their come ons though, so a sarcastic remark isn't usually warranted anyway.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I get through the small talk, politely and they go away more times than not...but when the go away cues don't work...then it's the "can I have your phone number" part.
I have said some crazy stuff.....like "Sure you can have it BUT...I won't be able to go out for awhile and you can't call me for a few days after tonight anyway". Then they ask why and I say "Well....appropriate call times are now between 5pm-5:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday night, 'cause the rest of the time I am meeting with my anger management classes and my new PO has me on these really strict hours of communication starting tomorrow. And I have used up my last going out passes tonight for good behavior. If my PO finds out I am out clubbing/parting/whatever...I will be on lock down. I also don't want you to call and wake-up my room-mate who works nights. 'Cause she is still mad that I couldn't drive her to work 'cause I was picking up my "name a STD" medication and couldn't be late for my NAA meeting."
Halfway through this they either leave or look at me like I'm crazy.

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I think you're crazy. Sometimes I just say, "maybe after I finish this drink".....sometimes they wait, and I have to come up with something else. Sometimes they walk away.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while since anybody hit on me--"a while" being the entire lifetimes of some of our younger AW members--but I used to go for the frank method. "Thanks, but I'm not interested. You could either move on and maybe find someone who is, or keep buying me drinks and paying me attention I don't want and still go home alone. Your call."

Maryn, a.k.a. honest abe

I'm with Maryn. I've never had a problem with "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." That's it. Maybe it's not terribly witty, but it's short and all-encompassing:

I'm not interested in a drink.

I'm not interested in a dance.

I'm not interested in you.