Love To Know?

Laurie PK

Fulltime blogger & freelance writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theadventurouswriter.com
I had an interview with LoveToKnow a few months back; the editor I spoke with was super nice and friendly, but the pay wasn't enough. I think they were paying $20 per article, for 400-600 word articles.....???....I can't remember for sure now, and maybe it's gone up since then, but I did tell her I needed to focus on markets that paid more. She was really great, though.

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
Love To Know

I wrote for Love To Know in 2005, and while that's a long time ago in the freelance writing game, I had nothing but good experiences with them. I too had to move on to higher paying pastures, but they were good for what they are...I'd say this is a great gig for any newish freelancer or anyone who just needs some extra cash in the coffers.

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Storyteller. Apparently I didn't search it correctly.

No worries. Searches can be finacky things sometimes.

I looked on their website and could not find this detail (nor the pay structure either so I'll assume I just didn't find that section) so I'll ask here. Does anyone know if this site requires American residency? Ehow and Demand are both touted as sites for starter freelancers but both of those require American residency.

Last edited:

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing and editing with LoveToKnow for three years now, and I'm one of their most prolific writers (30-40 articles per month and overseeing 6 sites on the network). The pay is $20-35 per article depending on a writer's level and the type of article, and LoveToKnow also pays for photography (stock or personal). International writers can be hired if they have native English skills and can accept Paypal payments (and meet other requirements) -- currently we have writers in the United States, Canada, and Spain. Writers who edit are also payed flat rates for different types of editing work.

The pay rates may not seem high, but with practice it is possible to write one article -- research, write, edit, publish -- in an hour or so, making a rate of $20 per hour at a minimum. Not too bad, really.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions, here or privately. Cheers!

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
stldenise: LoveToKnow uses three types of photos. There are corporate accounts for stock photos and Amazon affiliate images; writers do not need to pay to get those. Writers who supply their own images are paid a higher rate for the pictures. I'll be blunt that the rates aren't high ($1 per stock image, $2 for an Amazon image or personal photo), but they do add up when you're adding 1-2 images to every article you write. Some articles are actually photo galleries and may use many more images.

Flick Montana

Registered
Reaction score
I really wanted to write for LoveToKnow. I spoke to Debbie and did an interview. I was excited about it, but I guess they didn't want me. She said they were looking for someone to write about snowboarding and skiing. I am an instructor and one time amateur competitor. I don't know who better they could have found, but I was really upset about it. I liked that site a lot. :(