"Left Behind" Authors: Obama NOT the antichrist...

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
One of my son's teachers told the class that if Obama became president it would be a sign of the End Times. She quoted Revelations and Nostradamous to make her point.

This is why we NEED seperation of church and state.

Now if we could just enforce it in rural Texas...

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
It is so absurd I have had fun with my birthdate.

June = 6
24th = 6
1932 = 15, 5+1 = 6

666 :e2teeth:

If 666 is the antichrist, it = 18, so is 8+1 = 9 really the beast's number?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
It is so absurd I have had fun with my birthdate.

June = 6
24th = 6
1932 = 15, 5+1 = 6

666 :e2teeth:

If 666 is the antichrist, it = 18, so is 8+1 = 9 really the beast's number?

:roll:

Anyway, the interesting thing about this is that people keep looking for the "antichrist" to be a man. Now if you believe in this sort of stuff (which I don't really, but I HAVE studied it), then the stuff you read about the "beast" (which has been dubbed the "antichrist") is actually way more suggestive of being a NATION rather than just one man.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I don't know how many of you have that drop-down-box thingy for when you do a Google search but ... IF YOU DO have that drop-down box thingy, plug in JUST the word "obama" to the Google search bar. The drop-down box thingy will include the possible choice of "obama antichrist," which is a search target currently sporting 802,000 results.

Yes: a sad (and frightening) statement.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com

We can't be having that, now. Who would we pray to at the football games to help us kick the other team's a$$? :)

(And yes, I am from rural West Texas. Part of the hiring process for high school coaches included the question "Can you beat Odessa Permian?")

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have that drop-down-box thingy for when you do a Google search but ... IF YOU DO have that drop-down box thingy, plug in JUST the word "obama" to the Google search bar. The drop-down box thingy will include the possible choice of "obama antichrist," which is a search target currently sporting 802,000 results.

Yes: a sad (and frightening) statement.

I ran a search on it today. Found a very good snopes article as the very first page result. :D

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9,

"You say you want a revolution, well, you know...."

I thought you were supposed to play that backward.

Or does it just say "Paul is dead."?

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
One of my son's teachers told the class that if Obama became president it would be a sign of the End Times. She quoted Revelations and Nostradamous to make her point.

Are you serious? I would be livid. Are you planning on saying anything to the teacher or just handling it with your son?

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Popo:

That a people with a mean reading comprehension level higher than third grade are having this conversation is depressing;

That a people who are aware that the earth is not flat and when one comes to the far western edge of Tasmania one will not fall off and be devoured by behemoths (big breath) are having this conversation is depressing;

That a nation that must know that the sun and moon are not hung out twice a day by fetching little fairies is depressing. I had a hard time with that last one. But, still.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
The whole "Left Behind" series was horribly written. He didn't even follow his own rules (very well) and every time they got into trouble God would save them. It's totally unrealistic. I think the End Times is bogus.

I'm with you Tiny Terror I would be livid and having words with the school and the teacher. I'm a christian.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Popo:

That a people with a mean reading comprehension level higher than third grade are having this conversation is depressing;

That a people who are aware that the earth is not flat and when one comes to the far western edge of Tasmania one will not fall off and be devoured by behemoths (big breath) are having this conversation is depressing;

That a nation that must know that the sun and moon are not hung out twice a day by fetching little fairies is depressing. I had a hard time with that last one. But, still.

The "existence of God and validity of the bible" derailment in 5...4....3....2....1...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe Obama simply got to LaHaye and Jenkins? Seems like the crafty thing to do.

:roll:

Gee, and I was really relieved there for a while.

(As an aside, I remember when I was a kid people were claiming that Bill Clinton was the antichrist. lol)

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Who would we pray to at the football games to help us kick the other team's a$$?

I laughed so hard when I read your post. My son's team holds a prayer in the locker room, then another on the field (what good is it if you don't make a spectacle of it and put pressure on everyone to participate?) and then another after the game. That's in addtion to the "moment of silence for prayer" that the audience participates in just before the national anthem. :)

Are you serious? I would be livid. Are you planning on saying anything to the teacher or just handling it with your son?

My son has begged me not to go to the school about this sort of thing anymore. I've done it a couple of times. (Once, they brought the police into it and I stood toe-to-toe with the police chief over a kid's right to where a black shirt and a pentagram. Not my kid, but STILL.) It does absolutely no good and the teachers/coaches involved bring it up to my son later as in, "Let me tell you what I think about..."

Anyway, he thought the whole thing was utter nonesense and told me because he found it amusing, so there wasn't much that needed to be said to him. But yes, I was livid.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
The whole "Left Behind" series was horribly written. He didn't even follow his own rules (very well) and every time they got into trouble God would save them. It's totally unrealistic. I think the End Times is bogus.

I'm with you Tiny Terror I would be livid and having words with the school and the teacher. I'm a christian.

Hey! God saves me all the time. Or maybe he just saves the King and I happen to be standing next to him on the deck of my fantasy destroyer.
Together.
The King and I.
Fighting it out. Losing big time. Being saved by God. It's almost anticlimatic.

But wait. The number of our (Mine and the Kings' HMS Fantasy Destroyer)
ship is 666. Oh no. Did God save us by mistake or were we supposed to destroy my fantasy world?

Last edited:

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe Obama simply got to LaHaye and Jenkins? Seems like the crafty thing to do.

I mean, I'm not saying he IS the anti-christ, but if he WAS, surely he'd be smart enough to do that, right?

And everyone talks about his way with words, his power over ordinary people, his seductive voice...

Ok, so maybe not the voice. But still. :D

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not saying he IS the anti-christ, but if he WAS, surely he'd be smart enough to do that, right?

And everyone talks about his way with words, his power over ordinary people, his seductive voice...

Ok, so maybe not the voice. But still. :D

If he's not the Anti-christ and doesn't get elected, he's ALWAYS got a job waiting for him as a voice double for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
My son has begged me not to go to the school about this sort of thing anymore. I've done it a couple of times. (Once, they brought the police into it and I stood toe-to-toe with the police chief over a kid's right to where a black shirt and a pentagram. Not my kid, but STILL.) It does absolutely no good and the teachers/coaches involved bring it up to my son later as in, "Let me tell you what I think about..."

Anyway, he thought the whole thing was utter nonesense and told me because he found it amusing, so there wasn't much that needed to be said to him. But yes, I was livid.

You are stronger than me, I'd have probably made quite a scene. :D But, the fact that your son knew it was ridiculous means you raised him with a good head on his shoulders. Hope the rest of the kids know as well.

James M M Baldwin

Caught Somewhere in Time
Registered
Reaction score
Let me see if I have this correct?
Disestablishmentarianism........4
Antidisestablishmentarianism...3

Last edited: