The 'does it ever feel like your wearing a hat' thread?

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
The 'does it ever feel like you're wearing a hat' thread?

I don't wear hats, not until about two-three weeks ago when I bought a cute little hat. Now I wear it occasionally, and when I don't wear it I still feel like it's on my head. Considering I have short hair, the hat just sits there perched like a 1930's perky hat to the side. It's adorable and suits me well, now I just seem to be under the illusion that it's still sat on my head, even when it's not.

Do you all get moments where you feel your wearing a hat, when your not? Or something completetly different? What are your experiences like? Feel free to share. :)

Just noticed my 'your' error. Should have been 'you're'

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I've tried wearing hats. They don't seem to suit me. But every once in a while, I am driven to wear my Buffalo Sabres ball cap that Kthrok got me in TO. And yes, many days I feel like I'm wearing it when it's on his head, but that could be because I should be fielding the dirty loks from non Sabres fans, not him :D

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I don't wear hats, generally, but I get the same thing with rings. If I wear one for a while and then take it off, my brain registers that I'm still wearing it. Well, until I look down or try to fiddle with it and suddenly I think "OH CRAP I LOST MY RING!" And then I remember, no, it's actually at home on the little ring stand. Whew.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I get the same thing with my glasses. I ocassionally find myself reaching up to adjust them when they're not on.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I wear a a small hat. It keeps the sun away from my face and my hair from blowing in my face. Works well. :)

Last edited:

Cherry Bear

red fish, blue fish
Registered
Reaction score
second star to the right, and straight on till mor
I think it was predetermined, before I was born, that hats would not long good at me at all; so I hate them. But I do get these moments when I take my necklace off and I feel like it's still there, so I reach up to play with it. Or, after I've just changed and I've walked out into a group of people, I feel like I've forgotten to put on something essential sometimes. Like I'm just walking around without my shirt or underwear and I didn't notice. It's extremely embarrassing because I start like looking down and checking to make sure I am actually wearing everything; I've never not been, though, and thank God for that.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I love hats. I don't have any though. I have however, also done the pushing-my-glasses-up-the-bridge-of-my-nose-and-then-realise-that-I'm-not-wearing-them trick.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I used to only wear baseball hats and pulled my hair into a ponytail through the back. But now I am really starting to dig fashionable hats. (See profile pic) They are quite sassy and can really spice up your outfit. :)