Historical NaNoWriMo 2008

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Any of you planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year? I am Urraca Fernandez over on their board and please "buddy" me if you like --- I feel like the more eyes who are watching my little blue bar, the more I'll write.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Any of you planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year? I am Urraca Fernandez over on their board and please "buddy" me if you like --- I feel like the more eyes who are watching my little blue bar, the more I'll write.

Hi, Urraca,

I'm doing it too, also a historical. I'll definitely watch your progress, so make sure you deliver! :)

Good luck!

Fresie

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Best wishes to you both! Nano is a great experience if you haven't done it before.

Not sure if I'll be able doing it this year --business conference the first week of the month may suck up all of my time and energy... if it doesn't I'll join in late.

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
I'm cheating, I know. I'm going to add 50,000 words to my WIP. But I won't put myself down as an official "winner"!

I need a jump start here. I've been sick, my dad was in a bad accident, and I got bogged down in yet more research. But now I'm ready to start writing again.

ETA: I just registered as Pax.

PastMidnight

Oponionated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabrockmole.com
So how did the first day go for the other historical NaNoers? I got 3200 words, but am disappointed that my MC is letting the other characters steal the scene. :tongue But I have sex, whisky, and eye patches, so not a bad start.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome amateras. I'm soccer_mom over there. Still hard at work on my 19th century mystery novel.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Any of you planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I am definitely NaNo'ing. I'm 13,064 words into "Benen's Burden," set in medieval central Ireland. If you all are still interested in buddies, I'm "jyndral" over there (which was also my original name here until I switched to JenNipps).

Hello! I'm new to the forum and this thread, and I'm also doing a historical this year. My username on the site is the same as here (amateras). Hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome to AW, the historical board, and to NaNo, Amateras. :)

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, it looks out very own Soccer Mom and some unknown person named Soccer Mom in denial have almost the exact same number of words written.

(Can you tell I'm procrastinating?)

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
*hugs* Barb.
I'm only at about 12,000, but I will write more and at least it is 12,000 more words than I had on Oct. 31. And they don't suck. Too much.

cherubsmummy

Experienced Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I am Nanoing too. My work is a nineteenth century romance, the plan was to convict and transport my MC, but she's been lured into a London brothel instead. I don't know if she'll actually make it to Australia at all.

Oh, and I am way behind on word count.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
How's it going, guys?

Some romance I've got going. He hasn't even thought of kissing the girl yet. Dangit. Gotta hit him over the head or something. (Don't worry, it's coming. lol)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still Nanoing away. I'm a plodder and just keep adding to my word count in my own methodical way. My heroine has accidentally pissed off the murderer (mine is an historical mystery). Bad things are about to happen which makes me giddy. This week will be great fun to write!

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
*plods* I should be able to write more this week.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How did everyone do? I'm just under 69K. I should be at 70 by tonight. How go your NaNo projects?

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you rock, Soccer Mom. I got about 20,000K.

Which is 20,000K more than I had on Nov. 1. And I wrote a synopsis of the whole book for my agent which clarified my next steps. And I'm feeling much better about the whole plot now.

So while I didn't win, I certainly don't feel like I lost. But you guys who had the discipline and endurance to get to 50,000K deserve much praise.

PastMidnight

Oponionated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabrockmole.com
I got to 50k, but I don't think I'm going to finish the project. It just wasn't ringing with me the way last year's did. I'm going back to continue working on the WIP I put aside for November.