• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

All Info About, Ltd.

sandymae2000

Writing for My Life
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

Look at the other markets page of Write for Cash's forum (www.writeforcash.org). Several of the people there write for them and have been discussing it. I think there's a bit of training and some HTML involved.
Good Luck.
Sandy

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
allinfoabout.com question

Hi everyone,

I have a question about allinfoabout.com. Basically, I just learned about them from another thread here.

Do any of you have any experience with them?

Thanks!
Katherine

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Wow, I didn't except to see this in Bewares and Background check, but okie dokie. ;)

I am among a group of writers who all work with All Info About, and we love it. I am the editor and correspondent for the Musicals site there, and am just starting to work on the Marriage site, which is not yet live.

The earnings can take some time, but if you have a good topic to write about, you'll be surprised at how many clicks you can get on Google Adsense, as well as affiliate ads. I've made quite a bit on Amazon with their affiliate links, as well as on Adsense. Like I said, it can take a few months to build up, but then it becomes quite steady, as your site grows in popularity and search rankings. Feel free to check out my Musicals site to see some examples: http://musicals.allinfoabout.com.

Also, I knew virtually nothing about HTML, but learned quickly. It can be a challenge, but once you have the site up, it's easy to maintain. I'd say go for it, but that's my personal opinion.

Plus, you keep all rights to you writing and work there. Always a plus! :)

By the way, I'm not sure how much longer the Write for Cash boards will be up, but there's a whole thread of conversation about All Info About. I've yet to hear something negative about it. :)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for responding!

I am just about convinced that I should do it... but I have another question for you...

How exactly do you apply for this? Do you just write a letter of sorts or is there a specific process?

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
There's not really a specific process, but my first e-mail to them was an inquiry about the availablity of the topics I was interested in, as well as a proposal of a topic that was not yet listed. They're open to proposals, as well.

I mentioned that I knew other writers who had recommended I check out AIA. In my signature I had links to other places I had written for.

You may want to explain why you're qualified to write about your topic of choice, and display a few writing samples or even personal experience so that they know you're serious. For example, when I asked about Musicals and Marriage, I mentioned my background in loving musical theatre, as well as some marriage issues I've dealth with.

Go for it, if you feel so inclined! :) They're lovely to work with.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't except to see this in Bewares and Background check, but okie dokie. ;)

I moved it here because of the 'Background Check' part of B&BC, in case anyone is wondering or if Victoria would prefer I wouldn't in the future. :)

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Birol said:
I moved it here because of the 'Background Check' part of B&BC, in case anyone is wondering or if Victoria would prefer I wouldn't in the future. :)

Gotcha -- that makes sense. :) I was thinking it automatically meant bad connotations about AIA, but I see it doesn't. ;)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A belated note that the site was revamped in '08, but did not survive '09.