AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: All Info About, Ltd.

Question All Info About, Ltd.

Does anyone know anything about this site, All Info About?

Angel

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    what's the web address?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    From what I've seen it looks like a really good web site. Just don't sign up with them until you read the fine print about your mail box being filled with spam, ham, lamb, dam and bam!

Writing for My Life sandymae2000's Avatar
    Hi!

Look at the other markets page of Write for Cash's forum (www.writeforcash.org). Several of the people there write for them and have been discussing it. I think there's a bit of training and some HTML involved.
    Good Luck.
    Sandy

Thanks Sandy.

practical experience, FTW

allinfoabout.com question

Hi everyone,

I have a question about allinfoabout.com. Basically, I just learned about them from another thread here.

Do any of you have any experience with them?

Thanks!
    Katherine

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    Moving to B&BC as I think you might get better overall responses to your question there.

The Tony Award-winning TemlynWriting's Avatar
    Wow, I didn't except to see this in Bewares and Background check, but okie dokie.

I am among a group of writers who all work with All Info About, and we love it. I am the editor and correspondent for the Musicals site there, and am just starting to work on the Marriage site, which is not yet live.

The earnings can take some time, but if you have a good topic to write about, you'll be surprised at how many clicks you can get on Google Adsense, as well as affiliate ads. I've made quite a bit on Amazon with their affiliate links, as well as on Adsense. Like I said, it can take a few months to build up, but then it becomes quite steady, as your site grows in popularity and search rankings. Feel free to check out my Musicals site to see some examples: http://musicals.allinfoabout.com.

Also, I knew virtually nothing about HTML, but learned quickly. It can be a challenge, but once you have the site up, it's easy to maintain. I'd say go for it, but that's my personal opinion.

Plus, you keep all rights to you writing and work there. Always a plus!

By the way, I'm not sure how much longer the Write for Cash boards will be up, but there's a whole thread of conversation about All Info About. I've yet to hear something negative about it.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by TemlynWriting; 05-24-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Julia Temlyn, Word Therapist
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer Writers Remember Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog Houston Theatre
    Etc.: Twitter: @JuliaTemlyn & @MusicalReviewer Facebook Linkedin

practical experience, FTW
    Thank you for responding!

I am just about convinced that I should do it... but I have another question for you...

How exactly do you apply for this? Do you just write a letter of sorts or is there a specific process?

There's not really a specific process, but my first e-mail to them was an inquiry about the availablity of the topics I was interested in, as well as a proposal of a topic that was not yet listed. They're open to proposals, as well.

I mentioned that I knew other writers who had recommended I check out AIA. In my signature I had links to other places I had written for.

You may want to explain why you're qualified to write about your topic of choice, and display a few writing samples or even personal experience so that they know you're serious. For example, when I asked about Musicals and Marriage, I mentioned my background in loving musical theatre, as well as some marriage issues I've dealth with.

Go for it, if you feel so inclined! They're lovely to work with.
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer Writers Remember Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog Houston Theatre

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar

Wow, I didn't except to see this in Bewares and Background check, but okie dokie.
    I moved it here because of the 'Background Check' part of B&BC, in case anyone is wondering or if Victoria would prefer I wouldn't in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Birol
    I moved it here because of the 'Background Check' part of B&BC, in case anyone is wondering or if Victoria would prefer I wouldn't in the future.
    Gotcha -- that makes sense. I was thinking it automatically meant bad connotations about AIA, but I see it doesn't.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    A belated note that the site was revamped in '08, but did not survive '09.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: