It's gonna be a girl. Today I feel like a father.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Thanks for the congrats!

Regarding the determination of sex: The shot where she figured out the sex was an underside butt shot. She saw five "cracks" which she (and I can't believe I'm typing this) said two of which were "labia." I believe the others were bones, but I'm not sure.

This particular hospital stresses accuracy in determining sex, so we're confident it's a girl. But, you know, surprises do happen. A coworker told me that when his ex was having her ultrasound, they said it was a boy. Turned out it was a girl. Why? The baby had its finger pointed out right in "that" spot.

The boy's name I've had picked out for years is Isaac. Isaac goes great with Singer. You've got Isaac Bashevis Singer, famous author, and Isaac Singer, guy who improved the sewing machine and founded the Singer Sewing Machine Company, not affiliated with my family, verified through geneology.

Although I did want a son, I can still teach Elena to mow the grass, help with the car, and change the oil.

allen

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
...and she'll teach you to brush her doll's hair, take in all the strays, what it is to go bra-shopping for the first time....and you'll suffer the urge to kill/mutilate the male species....ahhh...girls....they'll age you all the while making your heart go pitter-patter!

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Awwe, Congratulations! Yes, you SHOULD teach her to mow the grass, change the oil, etc. You're going to be a great dad. I know you'll have lots of fun.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Congratulations. That's a joyous and overwhelming feeling. You'll do great and best wishes.

By All means, teach her to fish, train a dog, change a tire, mow the grass. And if you should be so blessed with sons as well, have them learn to cook, do their own laundry and how to sew on a button. Have them all learn everything. Because whatever you missed, will be needed. This is a test. All grades are final. Love well. You'll have more fun than you've ever had before, even with the cleaning of poop, signing of papers that indicate a total substitution of knowing cheat codes for Nintendo DS for spelling words, and the occasional just plain...why did you do that?

Last edited: