Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Greywalker by Kat Richardson. I liked it, but it was also a book I could put down too easily. Even though this one was urban fantasy, it felt more like a quiet mystery than a slam-bam thriller.

AnneAtWordHustler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.WordHustler.com
I'm opening myself up to "mainstream" jabs here, but I recently finished EAT, PRAY, LOVE and I have to say it lived up to the hype...and then some. :) Currently reading my first Jodi Picoult novel, TENTH CIRCLE. Anyone read her? It's sold on the chick-lit shelf but, IMHO, is not really chick-lit at all. Why must so many books written by women have a pair of high-heeled legs slapped on its pink cover and be banished to the chick-lit shelf?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm about 150 pages into Alex Scarrow's latest October Skies and it rocks the casbah.

And no I'm not saying that just becase he's a member of AW.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim. Lyrical, beautiful, yet spare, and undeniably wrenching. Now I understand why the special features of the movie included the two main actors reading aloud from the novel.

Maryn, who put it on her Santa list

Fillanzea

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Skin Hunger by Kathleen Duey and I confess it was a bit of a "meh" for me. The story is much longer than what is contained in book 1 (book 2 is not out yet), and the story definitely has the potential for greatness... but the first book was a lot more buildup than payoff, and I felt like it was trying a bit too hard to be a Dark! Gritty! Fantasy!

Status
Not open for further replies.