Fatally hot sauce?

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds more like an allergic reaction to something he used in the sauce rather than him dying because of the spiciness of it.

yeah, itchiness definitely sounds like an allergic reaction - maybe it then precipitated a heart attack? Curious.
I don't eat hot sauce myself.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
It does seem a lot like an allergic reaction, which may have affected his heart. I know personally that if I start itching all over, it's time to see a doctor, pronto. And get some Benadryl in me.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Lee prepared the sauce using tomatoes and red chilies grown on his fathers lot. However, the man complained of itching and severe discomfort.
What else did he use from daddy's lot?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
genetic engineering - it's the wave of the future! Hot damn. Don't it make ya feel good?

My son loves hot sauce. He's eaten more in a week than I have in my life. It concerns me even w/o the article. What the heck is his body after that makes him want to consume that quantity of liquid fire?

Spicy, I like. Painful, not so much.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I read once, years ago, that there's some kind of tropical dove whose diet is pretty much entirely hot peppers. By the time the babies fledge, they're too spicy to eat.

Don't know if it's true, though.

I've always loved hot and spicy stuff - and I didn't get it from my parents. Not at all. I remember one time, a few years ago, the cafeteria where I used to work had a wing bar one Friday - Mesquite BBQ Wings, Rosemary-Thyme wings, Buffalo Wings, Tereyaki Wings, etc. - and, last but not least, Suicide Wings. Me being me, I had to try those...
Coworker: How are they?
Me: Good, but not very hot. Nice flavor, though.
Her: Let me try one? Hmmm- AHHHH! HOT! HOT! HOT!!!!!
Me: You think so?
Her (running for the fire extinguisher in the corner): You are SO dead....

I finally convinced her I hadn't done it on purpose (I wouldn't do that to someone) and she forgave me. But from then on, she called me Asbestos Woman....

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Itchiness means allergic reaction--I'm deathly allergic to sesame (oy, am I in the wrong corner of the world), and the worst case was hives inside my mouth and all over my body, shortness of breath, and not enough hands to scratch. I figure I'm bleeding edge for a bad reaction next time but I always have benedryl with me.

An allergy is the body making histamines to fight the irritant, problem is, histamine reaction can be worse than the initial irritant.

Anaphalactic shock -- extreme allergic reaction -- can kill in minutes from angioedema--swelling in the lungs and airway.

Last edited: