Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Circle of Poets / Circle of Photographers

5657 Brežendra Rd., Treskebhar, Te’hănys, Alharhan

Circle of Poets / Circle of Photographers

What's with these people?

I sent in this... ahem, poem, because I suspected it would be like the other poetry web site that accepts any poem you sent in. As you can see below they really like my... po... well, whatever it is.

Dear xxxxxxx

We have chosen to publish your poem in the 2005 edition of Poetry vibes. Your poem was selected out of 7245 entries. Your work below was appreciated for the images and mood evocated throughout:

Woe is me
    Oh woe is me I shall kill myself I no good You no good I kill you too. We kill each other ha ha ha I love my mommy Wakka wakka akka bakka Wa wa wa wa I hereby certify That I will not die I've written a poem I'm from Nome And I love apple pie.

Are they kidding???

Nearing the end of an era sgtsdaughter's Avatar
    stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
    I'm sorry, but I can't resist . . .

"You and I are both fetishes--just ask your partner."

And we already know that I can't spell. Stop your snickering now.

Just Another Exquisite Fish Anaparenna's Avatar

Talking

Who are they? Did I miss the name somewhere?

Honestly, I think the "wakka wakka" alone evokes a loss of pre-generation X childhood, a veritable plea for rusty Studebakers, green frogs with banjos, and motherhood. I applaud you for an evocative work of surreal nonsense. You not no good. You sad good with muppetry symbolism and mother.
    "As I see it, life is an effort to grip before they slip through one's fingers and slide into oblivion, the startling, the ghastly, or the blindingly exquisite fish of the imagination..." -Mervyn Peake

Conjure Words

practical experience, FTW jackie106's Avatar
    Your poem cracked me up. You should totally submit it to the Wergle Flomp Contest. They are looking for the worst poetry accepted by scam contests.

Jackie

Sorry, Anaparenna. The site is Circle of Poets... www.circleofpoets.com

It just irks me how these 'poetry' sites accept any garbage that people write.

(Hey, are there any sites that accept crudy short stories? I've got a few... ahem, gems I can pull out of the bottom of my drawer.)

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Thunder-stealer! I had my cat send in a poem about ceramic worms to this same outfit a couple of months ago. Story's in my next book.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

practical experience, FTW Renee's Avatar

Thumbs up Another poetry scam...

[QUOTE=Thekherham]What's with these people? I love my mommy Wakka wakka akka bakka Wa wa wa wa I hereby certify That I will not die I've written a poem I'm from Nome And I love apple pie.QUOTE]

You put 'em to the test, I see. Nice discovery!
    "Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained." William Blake 1757-1827.

www.reneebagley.com

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I know this is a scam
    And so do you

Think they'll take it?

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I thought your poem was both poignant and evocative. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I mean, I need a tissue. It struck cords in me that I did not know I had. I am touched. I feel the need to sit on a divan for the rest of the day with a box of tissues and ponder your poem...simply ponder it. It was so filled with imagery and imagination. You should wear this acceptance like a badge of honour. You, my friend, are a true poet. Not one of these Byron wannabes that throw caution to the wind every time they sit and ponder a tree. No, you are the real deal. You make me weep with your insights. Be proud of the stunning brilliance you tapped into with this masterpiece. And celebrate your acceptance!
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page if you're at all interested.

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    Gosh, but those words resonated. I even felt darfed.
    When it comes to PA, the royalty check and the reality check arrive in the same envelope.

Remember to be kind to writers who step in PA. They really don't know how bad it smells.

The difference between PA and WLA? None. Both have the stench of dead and dying books emanating from their doorways.

Quote Originally Posted by KTC
    I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I thought your poem was both poignant and evocative. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I mean, I need a tissue. It struck cords in me that I did not know I had. I am touched. I feel the need to sit on a divan for the rest of the day with a box of tissues and ponder your poem...simply ponder it. It was so filled with imagery and imagination. You should wear this acceptance like a badge of honour. You, my friend, are a true poet. Not one of these Byron wannabes that throw caution to the wind every time they sit and ponder a tree. No, you are the real deal. You make me weep with your insights. Be proud of the stunning brilliance you tapped into with this masterpiece. And celebrate your acceptance!

Wow, you liked it, you Really Liked It?? In that case I should be able to churn out a hundred or so poems a day. I can just see it now: Next year I'll bring out a book of my poetry, The Complete Poems of Thekherham... So Far Volume I of many.
    This poetry writing sure is easy.

This poetry writing sure is easy.
    SSSHHHH you know the secret. The elite poets want you think it takes years to craft one poem! That it takes muse and talent. Don't let the secret out or the secret Poet Cabal will be plotting your demise.

*whispers... O.k., I'll be vewy vewy quiet.
    I'm off to write another... poem.

A poem worthy of a PA anthology

Thekherham, the poem resonates all kinds of, well, stuff. I see it as the opening poem in a PA collection, possibly titled, "The Wakka Wakka Depths of My Soul's Deepest Expression in the Life I've Survived to Give You Hope and Joyful Emotions of Akka Bakka From My Viewpoint: Vol. I."

On another note, my mixed retriever is still depressed over poetry.com's removal of his "semi-finalist" poem from their web site a few months ago. What was wrong with his doggerel?

PVish

Quote Originally Posted by PVish
    "The Wakka Wakka Depths of My Soul's Deepest Expression in the Life I've Survived to Give You Hope and Joyful Emotions of Akka Bakka From My Viewpoint: Vol. I."

I think you should consider moving to Walla Walla, Wa too. Hold a contest... The Walla Walla Wakka Wakka Akka Bakka Competition.

We have chosen to publish your poem in the 2005 edition of Poetry vibes. Your poem was selected out of 7245 entries. Your work below was appreciated for the images and mood evocated throughout:
    I kinda like "evocated" as a new and exciting verb to compilate in my listification of vocabularity.

Torin
    I have a mind like a steel...thingmabob...you know...doohickey.

http://www.cebarrett.com for excerpts from "Angels Among Us" and more. What if you were a closet heterosexual? What would you do when you met the woman of your dreams?

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    *scratches her head with a twig* I'm sorry, I still don't get what's wrong with that poem. I think it was the purdiest thing I ever did read! =)
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Wary...and weary WhisperingBard's Avatar
    I even felt darfed.
    Dave, I hear there's a new cream on the market for that.
    Bard

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    This Circle has closed...as has sister site Circle of Photographers.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: