Four days

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thank you all.

This is the toughest day of my life. I keep thinking that the good guys are supposed to win, that justice will prevail, that things end up right in the end-- etc.-- and it's not true. I feel paralyzed. What am I supposed to do to make a difference? I've already told them everything.

My daughter is gone. And his mother videotaped me saying goodbye to her. Sick.

This CAN'T HAPPEN. Someone tell me what to do next!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Jenna.

Oh hell. I don't know what to say. I'm just so sorry. I don't understand how this could have happened. I just have to believe it will be made right in the end. I have to. I don't know how else to justify this in my head. My God. I'm so sorry, sweetie.

We love you girl. We do, we do, we do, we do.

I know it doesn't help. And my virtual hugs don't either. I wish they helped.

The woman with the video camera? sick indeed. That's horrible.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have much in the way of help, but I do hope it all works out for you. :Hug2:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Oh, Jenna. I'm so very sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to help.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby girl. Stay strong for her, and for yourself. Keep fighting. And just take every minute--every second if you have to--at a time. Every moment that passes, is a moment closer to having her home.

As for the video--I agree, that's disgusting.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Jenna, sure sorry this is happening. Hoping that somehow the court will come to their senses, saneness will prevail and it will be straightened out so that you have full custody, which you so deserve.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I just said goodnight to her on the phone, but didn't hear her say anything back (she's not much of a phone talker yet). My heart is in pieces.

The virtual love and hugs do help. It doesn't make the pain go away, but it helps me know I'm not crazy... every day since December, I've felt like the world has gone insane, that everything I thought was so obviously right and wrong is not so to the legal system.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I'm so sorry you have to go through. I've seen the legal system screw with more than one family for no sensible reason.

Maybe at some point there is a good book on how to deal with the injustice of a screwed up legal system. Or some good fodder for someone to advocate change in the system.

I'm thoroughly surprised that he got custody for the majority of the week though. Something sounds really funky there.

Love and hugs, Jenna. We'll all be here as best we can for you. I can't imagine what you are feeling.

And the videotaping thing is gross.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I hope that your lawyer is all over it.

You're a good person with a wonderful heart. I can imagine exactly how hard this will be for you. I hope it is fleeting.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I am so very very sorry. I wish there was something someone somewhere could do to stop your nightmare.

I've seen the courts fail my sister and her son and toy with my cousin and her girls. The only words I have are to fight. Don't ever doubt that you and your girl deserve to be together.

My prayers are with you Jenna.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
words fail. there is no justice.

Oh, hugs, dear one. Many prayers on your behalf tonight.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
My heart is broken as well, Jenna. You're an excellent mother and will stay strong for her right now. Go ahead and break a dish or two then look forward to her return.

You can do this, we believe in you.
stacey

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jenna, I have hugs and good thoughts going in your direction.

And if anyone wants to know how many friends Jenna-who-started-Absolute-Write has, you can go to the subforum link thingie on the left side where it says "Absolute Write Water Cooler", click on that, then scroll down near the bottom where it says "Absolute Write Water Cooler Statistics." And just look at those numbers! I remember the thread where you were having us welcome the 20,000th member - wasn't that a hoot? And that wasn't that long ago, and look how many more members we have now!

I know this must hurt badly, but you'll live through it, and so will Sarina.

I'm looking at the last line of your sig, and you can be sure that "this place" loves you too. :)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
We are here for you and our hearts and prayers are with you. Just remember to keep some noise on in the house and keep talking to us and anyone else you can think of.

I'm sorry that your ex mother-in-law is so inconsiderate and cold-hearted but you know what, sweetie? Your little girl has you and that is how you make a difference. Don't buy into their games just be ready when she comes home this week to hug her and spend time with her. All she needs is her Mommy and you are a great mother.

As my daughter and I am always reminded, we get through times like these, one day at a time, and if that is too much, one hour or one moment or one second. But breathe. It's all going to work out in the end. You just keep doing what's right. The truth and right will win out in the end. My children know their father for who he is and they know me for who I am. They are proud of me and I of them.

No one can take her love from you. I promise. :Hug2:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Jenna, this is unbelievable; four days, out of a seven day week, when she has been with you all her little life! That is just so cruel! Does nobody think of the CHILDREN in such cases? I mean, for an older child who can understand it would be acceptable but I wouldn't do that to even a puppy!

But as someone said above, kids are resilient and Sarina WILL get through this and so will you. My whole heart goes out to you; I can feel your pain and wish I could do more than send you both a tonload of love.

The video camera thing is just sick, sick, sick.

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
I'm so sorry to hear this - this must be so hard for you. Wish I could help, other than just to say hang in there and know you have friends.

Try to remember that you need looking after too, and get enough food and sleep if you can while she's away.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
adding more hugs. we love you Jenna.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Darling, special Jenna. If this had happened to me, I would have gone crazy. The fact that you are still here, still coherent and capable, is a testament to your strength.

Now. Sarina is with her father. There might be issues there, but she's used to him, and no matter what has happened he must love her. He won't do her harm: he's her father. Just try to get through it, and love her all you can.

And when you panic, we're here.

Much love and warmth to you over the coming difficult weeks. Let me know if there's anything at all that I can do for you.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I love Jenna Glatzer because...

Some of you might not know that our lovely Jenna is having a difficult time right now. You can read about that here.

So I'm starting this thread so we can all post our stories about her. It might cheer her up, it might embarass the hell out of her, or it might just make her want to leave AW for once and for all. Let's hope that she has that first reaction, right?

I'll start.

When I first found AW I stumbled upon a thread in which Jenna responded to someone who had argued with spite instead of logic; who called people names, and insisted that black was white when it came to the world of publishing. Jenna's post was perfectly-reasoned, well thought-out, and impeccably written. She was respectful, logical, and clear.

And she ended it with the immortal words, "So there, poopy-head."

I joined because of that. She has such style, wit and grace that I'm proud to know her.

Right. Who is going next?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I don't know Jenna. I don't know her story, I haven't read her books, I have no idea what she is about - other than what she posts here in AW and in the few cherished reppies she's given me.....

However, when I see her avatar, or open her blog, I see PERFECTION. I see what looks like the nicest person alive. I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

She looks refreshing. Her eyes, her smile, she just makes me feel fresh.

What is amazing is that she maintains that fresh happy face even while her world may feel like it's crumbling.

She embodies everything I wish I could.

I'm not kissing AW Arse either. Jenna totally rocks. And I hope that she comes out of this horrible situation a winner. Because she has the face of one.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
She helps keep AW in check and kicks ass. I've never once seen her be petty or spiteful, in situations where I myself would be. And as you said Old Hack, she pulls things off with style.

And she's pretty darn awesome too.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Every post I've seen of hers makes me smile. Like the OP said, she says what she needs to style with clarity and grace, then makes you giggle with a schoolyard wisecrack. :)

Good luck Jenna.