How long did it take you to start earning $$ with freelancing?

Media Maven

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.delicat.ca
I don't know which I would consider my first real freelancing job, but here are two positive experiences I've had:

My first blogging job was for a food and recipe site. They were looking for three or more posts a week, mainly recipes with photos. It paid $3 a post. All I had to do was take a picture of supper every night (which I had to cook anyway, lol), and write out the recipe with an appealing introduction. They paid at the end of the month, and I believe my first payment was $36.

When I started writing articles I decided to sell them through Constant Content. I submitted my first few articles two days after signing up. One day after that two of my articles were accepted, and one sold just half an hour after passing the review stage. The article sold for $20, which made me about $12.50 after taking out the cut for CC and the PayPal fees. Not bad for a first attempt!

Andreya

in denial
Registered
Reaction score
YAY, Flick Montana!! :)

Wordpress is real easy to pick up, I hear... I tried & started a blog on their site, & it's real easy.. am still to learn how to make stand-alone pages with it... :) Thanks for reminding me to download it & check it out! :)

Manderley, you sound VERY INSPIRING!! :)
Especially seeing you are in Northern Europe.. I hear the US market is bigger & pays better...? Do you write for European or US market, or both?

Inkkognito, at the moment I am part of the AW writers group :) sort of...
There's a local one where mostly retired people with a pession for pretty verses are, & a similar one (that's up the notch a bit) in a town near-by... /they have a magazine but non-members are paid for publication there & members aren't :)/ So not sure if joining these would be a wise career move? Have contemplated joining a few online, though not sure which :)

JadeSmith, YAY for making the 1st sales!! :) Fingers crossed for more! :)