• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Adams Literary

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I nudged a few weeks ago and they said they got it and would be in touch when they have read it.

Well, I'm glad they responded to your nudge - seems like a lot of agents don't do that much anymore - but it's too bad you're still waiting. Hope they get back to you soon...and with good news :)

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
Got my R today from an October 24th query. A lot quicker than I expected.

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
October 24th. Wow, that was fast! Anyone hear from July?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting on a June 29 query. Of course, this was back when they were taking the full manuscript with the initial query, so I'm thinking maybe mine has fallen through the cracks...

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize they'd changed their submissions policy. That would explain why subs from this summer are still out, but queries from October are getting answers.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I just checked their page and they still say to send the full ms with the initial query. Maybe they're just working backwards through the pile? Or luck of the draw? I don't think there's much to read into it; I was just curious if there was a change in submission policy.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I just checked their page and they still say to send the full ms with the initial query. Maybe they're just working backwards through the pile? Or luck of the draw? I don't think there's much to read into it; I was just curious if there was a change in submission policy.

You're right, litgirl - they are still taking full manuscripts with the initial query. They are using an online submission form now, though, rather than just e-mail, which is how I queried.

Good luck to you!

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
I used the online submission form with my full ms on my October query. So, it looks like they are significantly quicker with the form now.

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear back from July queries? I used their on line form, too, but have heard nothing but crickets...

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Just checking back to see if anyone else has heard anything from them since the holidays.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Don't they predict a 3-4 months wait in their confirmation e-mail?

iowawriter

Registered
Reaction score
Yes they do. I know they are a busy agency. It is nice don't need to request any more information with the online form as they have the complete manuscript. I just wish there was a way to check on it after the confirmation letter like many of the literary magazines online submission form. Oh well. In due time.

DolphinGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they are actually considering you guys.
I send them the ms on January 5th and got a
(very nice) standard rejection today.

skippingstone

Bouncing Atop the Water
Registered
Reaction score
Eight months! Zoinks. You coulda almost had a baby in that amount of time. Maybe that should be the new standard? Agents should not hold onto fulls for longer than it takes for actual human gestation.

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
I just got a very short form R on a 1/8 submission. It's nice to hear back so quickly, but I'm kinda bummed out by the generic reply. Moving on...

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
I submitted a full using their online submission system in July 09 and haven't heard anything. You're a little further along than I am, Tasha:) I just looked at their submission guidelines and they do say that they'll contact you in typically 3 - 4 months, often sooner. Yikes. I haven't heard anything. It does say you can follow up using the online form. Perhaps I'd better do that! Sorry about the R, CharleyGirl.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I submitted a full using their online submission system in July 09 and haven't heard anything. You're a little further along than I am, Tasha:) I just looked at their submission guidelines and they do say that they'll contact you in typically 3 - 4 months, often sooner. Yikes. I haven't heard anything. It does say you can follow up using the online form. Perhaps I'd better do that! Sorry about the R, CharleyGirl.

I also submitted with the full using the online system in Sept. Still waiting. Every time I do a nudge, I get the dreaded R. My new jaded policy is just to wait it out! Keeps the hope alive longer. :D