• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Adams Literary

tasha43055

Writer For Life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blogspot.com
Good Luck!

It took two months after my query before they asked for a full, then it was only a month or so before I recieved a generic rejection letter.
Sorry about the R. I just hoping that they get to it soon or something. I'm happy either way because this story was first an adult story and it got no nibbles. I stopped querying it over a year ago and never went back to it. I just happen to rewrite it as a YA and got a bite. I can't help what happens and what they choose but the waiting is killing me here.

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
That's okay. I've been in the acting bussiness my whole life, so rejection is like breathing in that industry. lol. I actually did the same, except oposite. I was trying to sell it as a YA and was having trouble. I think it's too dark, even though YA would like it, it could easily cross over. I took a break and now I started querying differently. Hopefully it works. I think I even changed the name too. Sometimes it's the tiny things that work, you know?

tasha43055

Writer For Life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blogspot.com
That's okay. I've been in the acting bussiness my whole life, so rejection is like breathing in that industry. lol. I actually did the same, except oposite. I was trying to sell it as a YA and was having trouble. I think it's too dark, even though YA would like it, it could easily cross over. I took a break and now I started querying differently. Hopefully it works. I think I even changed the name too. Sometimes it's the tiny things that work, you know?
Sometimes it is just the little things and that's what I did. I have a total of 2 books that I'm querying.

SinkFulloDishes

Registered
Reaction score
I sent my full as a 6-week exclusive on March 18, but figured it was a rejection when I didn't hear back from them after a few months.

This morning I got my actual rejection, lol, from Quinlan Lee:

Thank you for the opportunity to read Finders Keepers and your extreme patience in waiting to hear from us. We have been looking at your story for quite some time because we wanted to give it our full consideration. You are a beautiful writer, and the characters you've created in Ty and family are affecting and heartbreaking. Unfortunately, however, in today's tight economic climate, we are finding that classic, character-driven stories without a strong hook , such as Finders Keepers, are very challenging to find a home for, and we are being very selective in taking on new clients. Therefore, we are unable to offer you representation at this time.

We realize that this is a decision we may regret, and we know that you will find an agent who is able to give you and your manuscript the passion that is needed in today's challenging market. However, if you do continue to seek representation, we would be happy to look at any future work you would like to send us.

Again, we appreciate your interest in Adams Literary, and we wish you all the best.
At least I know they didn't think it sucked, haha. I might try them again with my current WIP if it's finished before I find a home for this one.

tasha43055

Writer For Life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blogspot.com
I sent my full as a 6-week exclusive on March 18, but figured it was a rejection when I didn't hear back from them after a few months.

At least I know they didn't think it sucked, haha. I might try them again with my current WIP if it's finished before I find a home for this one.
That was a nice rejection! I'm still waiting to hear something back myself and I hope I get something as nice as yours. I would much rather not have a rejection.

Kerri

Registered
Reaction score

Thank you so much for posting that. I am a month behind you, so it's good to know that it's still possible they will get back to me!

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com

That's a great rejection, if there is such a thing. I've been waiting two months, and that's with an exclusive and having met Josh at a conference.

Has anyone tried e-mailing them to ask what their status is? I don't want to be a nag, but I'd love to know if I'm in SinkFulloDishes' shoes, and they're in the midst of considering it.

Josh/Tracey/Quinlan, if you're reading this, Hi! Get back to work! :)

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
Not random... I'd read their bios, look over the newsletter they have posted on their website, google and read interviews, check publisher's marketplace, agentquery.com, querytracker... Get a feel as best you can for their preferences and personality. If you can, try to meet them in person at conference, listen to them on an agent panel. Whatever you can do. :)

Best wishes.

Oh, that's what I'm looking for but can't seem to find! I tried to do my research but the interviews I found never specified the separate interests. Their bios don't list their preferences either. Also, I can't find a newsletter on their website...could you point me? I really would love to get a better feel for them, but everything seems to be a "we like this" or no preference at all. I'm probably missing the obvious, but I did try!

http://www.adamsliterary.com/index.html

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
Look on their Contact Us page for a link to the latest newsletter. Also if you Google "Adams Literary newsletter" you can find older versions. Luck!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Ms. Adams lately? Sent Q 8/2. Anyone? Anyone? Hello? Am I alone out here? :O

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
@Phantom- no word here either. I'm in the waiting zone too. You are not alone. :)

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Yea! At least I'm not alone. I was starting to think this is one of my "black hole" queries....

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
New website for Adams Literary indicates that submissions should be made via their online submission form. I'm hoping I can assume that anything sent via email prior to the redesign will still be looked at?

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
New website for Adams Literary indicates that submissions should be made via their online submission form. I'm hoping I can assume that anything sent via email prior to the redesign will still be looked at?

I didn't see an online submission form. Only a link that connects you to their email. Did I miss something?

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I will keep my fingers crossed for everyone else- but just got an R on the full i sent them. :( No snoopy dance for me today. And I can handle 1 rejection in a day... but this morning I got 2 back to back!!! ARGH!!!

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
I will keep my fingers crossed for everyone else- but just got an R on the full i sent them. :( No snoopy dance for me today. And I can handle 1 rejection in a day... but this morning I got 2 back to back!!! ARGH!!!

I'm sorry, Phantom Writer. :( At least they didn't take too long for the rejection. And coincidental that it came the day after you posted here.

Was it a form letter or more personal?

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
Add me to the list who received an R right after posting here (not that I think there's a connection. I don't). Detailed R, but still likely a form based on the mechanics of it. Good luck to all still querying them!

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
Add me to the list who received an R right after posting here (not that I think there's a connection. I don't). Detailed R, but still likely a form based on the mechanics of it. Good luck to all still querying them!

Ack! Looks like Adams is on a rejection roll today! Nothing for me so far.
Katpaws, when did you submit?

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, katpaws and Phantom, sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. Literally. I got a rejection letter today too. :( They must be clearing their desks, so to speak. Best wishes to you both & hang in there.

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
Aw, katpaws and Phantom, sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. Literally. I got a rejection letter today too. :( They must be clearing their desks, so to speak. Best wishes to you both & hang in there.

Argh! It's a bloodbath! Sorry to hear about your rejection, Nash.

Tasha? Kerri? Any news?