Son of "Ewww. . ."

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
That's just plain gross, folks! What next in consuming human body fluids?

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
As I said in the other thread, I honestly don't object to the concept. People say human breast milk tastes good, so if it's regulated, what's the big deal?

On the other hand, the implementation of a system to replace cow milk with human milk would require an awful lot of perpetually-pregnant women, wouldn't it? Sorry, but I'm more than willing to sacrifice cows for my diet. Not so with ladies.

GLAZE_by_KyrstinMc

Registered
Reaction score
I think SPMiller is volunteering to work there.

Indeed, they can take my place in case I get asked!!

I think that having that for a job would lead to numerous problems...
-A human baby needs the mother's milk, humans usually produce just enough while cows have excess milk
-Being a "heffer" wouldn't exactly be flattering...
-It could get really racial, really fast
-It'd make women seem even more like "women", stereotypically, all they're good for is cooking, cleaning, giving birth, and being milked
-It may make some women not want to try to make a real impact in the world, or get a real job, "Oh I'll just get milked. That's easy."

It's like a "BirthMother" (I believe that was the term) from the book "The Giver", a degrading job.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I think SPMiller is volunteering to work there.
Actually, I was pointing out why it'd be a bad idea. There's no way we could put humans through the shit we put cows through. Better them than us.

But now that you mention it, I suppose there are worse things I could do with my life than spend all day working with breasts and keeping lots of women pregnant.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
This is par for the course for PETA, though. They're not really thinking B and J is going to take them up on it--they just want everybody talking.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
LOL- I wonder what clever name they would come up with for the ice-cream.

"Thanks for the Mammaries" - With hunks of white chocolate and caramel. Mmmm...

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, the implementation of a system to replace cow milk with human milk would require an awful lot of perpetually-pregnant women, wouldn't it?

Actually, lactation follows pregnancy, so you only have to be pregnant once, and then as long as the milk is being removed from your breasts, either by a baby or a pump, your body keeps on producing the same amount of mile as is "consumed."

So, no, it doesn't require perpetual pregnancy. In fact, becoming pregnant can reduce the milk supply, especially if the person is nutritionally challenged.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Hey, all kidding aside, has anyone else wondered about the term breast milk?

I mean, what other kind of milk is there?

Oh, never mind, I don't want to know. Please, forget I asked.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it would completely kill my love of ice cream, which might help me stay on my diet more, which would result in a bunch of my old sweaters fitting correctly again, which would be good...

Seriously, though, as an animal lover, I wish PETA wouldn't do things like that. It makes them look nutty. There's got to be a better way of getting the point across.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all kidding aside, has anyone else wondered about the term breast milk?

I mean, what other kind of milk is there?

Oh, never mind, I don't want to know. Please, forget I asked.

That's udderly ridiculous!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I still want to see PETA protest the use of leather at a biker bar. :D

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
"PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk"

If there's anything that bugs this libertarian, it's people and entities that try to tell other private entities what to do.
This is par for the course for PETA, though. They're not really thinking B and J is going to take them up on it--they just want everybody talking.
If I were Ben add Jerry's and for some strange reason thought this deserved a response, I'd say "We use cow's milk for our ice cream. We've always used cow's milk. We always WILL use cow's milk. PETA is free to start up their own ice cream company that uses only human breast milk." So there. :)

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Just imagine if Ben and Jerry's did this - the ACLU would jump all over them because of the invasive health questions B&J would have to ask any prospective employees, or donors, or whatever title these women would hold...

Seriously, if the thought of eating someone else's breast milk isn't squicky enough, would you really want to worry if they might possibly be HIV positive or have hepatitis or any other communicable disease that could be carried in said breast milk?

Blech. I'll stick to my Popsicles, thank you very much :)

Darzian

To-to-to-ron-to
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't very nice. Human milk? I'm going to be thinking "Oh I wonder WHO this is from" while eating- (not that I ever would).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aside from the, ugh no way factor is the disease factor that has to be addressed. After years of testing and screening the blood supply in this country still is not 100% safe. People are still receiving HIV, Hepatitis, and a score of other nasty disease from blood. So now PETA want us to start being fed a diet of human breast milk. HIV can remain undected for up to six months after infection.

And Yes, let's reduce women to little more than farm animals.

Soylent green anyone?!?!?!