• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mayhaven Publishing

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about them? I stumbled across the website today. There are no threads here, as far as I can see.

DP

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to Sales Rank Express and type in Mayhaven for the publisher, you'll find some 111 books listed on Amazon. All are ranked 100,000 and above, and most are ranked over a million, which is not so good.

Topaz044

Resident Zombie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.warofthesoulites.com
If you go to Sales Rank Express and type in Mayhaven for the publisher, you'll find some 111 books listed on Amazon. All are ranked 100,000 and above, and most are ranked over a million, which is not so good.

Sorry, but how is it not good? I've never used Sales Rank Express before. Is 100,000 the number of views? In which case, how does that compare to other books, because that sounds pretty good to me.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The higher the sales rank, the fewer the sales. #1 is the best selling book. Anything over 50,000 is selling something like less than one a week. Anything over a million is selling little if at all over the last months to a year.

Last edited:

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Sorry, but how is it not good? I've never used Sales Rank Express before. Is 100,000 the number of views? In which case, how does that compare to other books, because that sounds pretty good to me.

At Amazon, the lower the number, the better you're doing. (think of it this way -- you want to be number 1. <G>)

Susan G.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Re: Amazon rankings, the amazon.com sales rankings are only for those books sold via Amazon. They don't account for total sales from other websites or brick and mortar bookstores.

Re: Mayhaven, when I first looked at the site, it mentioned co-publishing. On the second visit, I didn't see it. Some of my writer friends had asked me about the company. I had never heard of them. Thanks for the feedback.

DP

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mayhavenpublishing.com/Pages/D Wenzel.html

Are you a traditional publisher?

If you mean do we pay royalties and store and market the books, yes we do. Mayhaven is small and we are limited in the number of titles we publish in any given year. If we are committed in a category, we do publish some books through our co-op option. Through the co-op, there is a charge for the first printing, but the author receives greater royalties and is not responsible for subsequent printings, for which they continue to receive traditional royalties. This allows us to publish a few more worthy titles. The criteria for any book is the same, though. We also edit and layout a few books for private publishing, but very few.

bookjerry

Registered
Reaction score
Mayhaven contract Offer

I was offered a contract by Mayhaven Publishing for a children's picture book manuscript I submitted. It required me to pay them $14,000 for a softcover or $16,000 for a hardcover.