• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pif Magazine

chelle21

Banned
Reaction score
Website
home.bellsouth.net
Does anyboy know anything about Pifmagazine

Dear Fellow Writers:

Does Anybody know anything about www.pifmagazine.com? Because I just submitted my poetry to them it pays 50 dollars per poem you submitted to them in a 100 dollars per articles I think. I think I forgot how much the articles where for but I know it was between a 100 dollars and 200 dollars I think, so please don't quote me on this because I'm not sure that's why I put the link for all ya'll could see if ya'll wanted to check out the site.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
chelle21 said:
I'm writing to you today on the behalf of PifMagazine, I was wondering do anybody know anything about PifMagazine?

Not to be picky, but to be picky, if you say you're writing "on behalf" of someone, you're saying that you are writing for them, or representing them. That's not what you're doing here. You're writing regarding them.

Preditors and Editors http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/ has this to say about Pif (if it's this Pif http://www.dimax.com/pif/ ):
Pif: poetry and short-fiction by new and emerging writers. Book, CD, movie reviews, and political commentary also welcome. Recommended

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
chelle- you might want to post this in the bewares and background check forum. they might be able to help you more. :) sorry I can't!

p0rtia

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a story over four months ago on the basis of the good recommendation at Pred & Ed. They use a submissions manager now and say they respond in three months. I've emailed twice. No reply. I take that as a "no" and a guess that they're just pubbing their own stuff.

ObeysGravity

Registered
Reaction score
I see some time has passed on this thread.

This strikes me as an attractive place to submit, however some of the discussion of rights on their submission page makes me nervous. These are:

• You grant PIF worldwide, perpetual, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute, and publish your WORK in any PIF materials at any time in the future.
  • You grant PIF the right to relicense or sub-license your WORK.
Is this a reason for concern?

ObeysGravity

Registered
Reaction score
Update:

Despite my misgivings, I took the plunge and submitted.

I'll post the results here.