That is the shallowest thing I have ever heard.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
That is beyond shallow. That is horrible. I hate knowing there are actually people like that out there. It never ceases to shock me.

Listen missy, if you can't follow the rules of the thread, then...then...then...I don't know what but you just better follow the rules.

;)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've always wondered how their girlfriends or wives feel, if they talk like that around them.

I mean I think I'm a decent looking guy, but if I was with a girl who said something derogatory about Will Smith's physique--called him out of shape or something--I'd be wondering what the hell she must think of me.

It's one thing not to find someone attractive and to comment on it, but the way some dudes talk, trying to impress their boys, you'd think that anything less than a super-perfect 11 is beneath them.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a silly personality and love to joke around. I've been mistaken for being shallow at many points in my life and rather than defend myself, I just play along.

After a short conversation with a man I just met, it goes like this

Him: So, are you single?
Me: Are you rich?
Him: Very
Me: Ask me if I'm single again
Him: Are you single?
Me: Not for much longer

We dated for a couple years, got engaged and broke things off before we took the next step.
And he wasn't all that rich. Comfortable, but not rich. (He liked to joke around also :))

And did you pass out on the lounge sofa again? hahaha...sorry. That was shallow. But funny. Right?

I told you - you never shoulda told me about that story.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I always try to avoid having a conversation on any serious subject with this woman (her husband has known my husband since they were, like, 2, so she's sort of an in-law, because hubby and him are brothers in every sense of the word) but sometimes I'm caught having to respond to something that comes out of her mouth:
Her: I was watching a really great movie on Henry the VIII
Me: chewing on pizza, Oh?
Her: I felt sorry for Ann Boleyn.
Me, still chewing. Hmm.
Her: You know, it just goes to show what a man with money can get away with.
Me, trying not to laugh: Oh, yes, men with money, they can behead any time they want.

This is also the woman who returned the engagement ring her husband-to-be presented her with because it wasn't big enough - and bought herself a right-sized bauble. When asked by her husband what I thought about that I replied, "You don't want to know what I think."

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I've always wondered how their girlfriends or wives feel, if they talk like that around them.

I mean I think I'm a decent looking guy, but if I was with a girl who said something derogatory about Will Smith's physique--called him out of shape or something--I'd be wondering what the hell she must think of me.

It's one thing not to find someone attractive and to comment on it, but the way some dudes talk, trying to impress their boys, you'd think that anything less than a super-perfect 11 is beneath them.
His wife has a lifetime membership to Jenny Craig and worries about her weight all the time.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
"Is my chick hot enough?"

Spoken by a friend as he came to the precipice of falling madly in love with a girl but suddenly was struck with the fear that she may not be ultra-mega-gamma hot. Fortunately I beat some sense into him, then chokeslammed him for good measure...

but was she ultra-mega-gamma hott?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Two instances by women in "swanky" Palm Beach libation areas.

1.) "He drives a Volvo, and I only go out with Jaguars and Mercedes."

2) After a man said he did not own a home or condo but rented, the woman said in surprise, disappointment and disgust ( you had to hear her tone of voice), "You rehhhhhnnnnnnnnt?"

hey, let's keep it real....

I won't look twice if your'e in a crap car. Plain and simple. Don't drive junk.

Wow, was that shallow or WHAT?!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
In keeping with shallow, I'm always amazed at the grocery rags my wife picks up that have "OMG! Can you believe SHE'S in a swimsuit?" pictorials showing celebrities at the beach while the editorial staff makes their snide comments.

Personally, I'd love to see each and every one of those editors in bikinis at the beach so we can all point and laugh at them.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
A relative (in -law!) makes 'fat' comments every time he sees Drew Barrymore, Melanie Griffith, or Kate Winslet on TV. :(

I can understand Drew and Melanie - actually Fat isn't quite what I'd call Melanie, but Kate? She's hardly fat.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What about when Britney did her last appearance/sang at an awards show last year??? SOooooo many were commenting on how "fat" she was. No rolls = not fat, IMO

I can't remember where I read it, but one of those comedy sites basically said something to its readers along the lines of, "Seriously, if this girl sat in the cubicle next to you, you'd be trying to get at her every single day..."

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I have another one. Years ago I was dating someone and went to a wedding reception with him - it was a very low key affair. This bride was middle-aged, exceedingly accomplished, with a Ph.D. and what did my man do? Reduced all of her achievements into two words: "She's fat."

I was, like, get the F away from me, will you? It was the beginning of the end.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Does this dress make me look fat?"

/ runs and hides

Every dress makes you look fat, RayRay. It's not that you're fat...just the way the dress drapes from your man-frame.
He needs to remember he shouldn't wear the chocolate pants under the dress.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Recently, I had the pleasure of having dinner in Minneapolis with a fellow AWer (who shall remain nameless.)
BTW – here’s a lovely picture of my daughter having dinner w/ III.
valIII.jpg

Okay – it was in fun... but I needed something in my new WIP (yes, Anis – the one I said I’m not doing) and it got me thinking… what is the shallowest
Aw, cute picture.

Hmm... I say so many shallow things.

Me: "I think I'm going to get knocked up so I can have 3 months off of work."
Co-Worker: "Maternity leave isn't easy."
Me: "Yeah, but I am."

:roll:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Former co-worker, upon seeing a Petco bag with a bottle of antibiotics in it: "What's that for?"
Me: "My baby hamster. He's sick." (Five week old baby hammie with wet tail. Very, very bad.)
Cow-orker, looking at receipt: "Why bother? You know you could buy five of the freaking things for the price you paid for this stuff?"
If looks could kill, he would have been very, very dead. And Harvey the Wonder Hamster recovered, BTW, and went on to live to the ripe old age of five years old.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
great examples of shallow comments in the satirical novel Dead Souls I'm reading, like those between the vice governor's wife and a visitor who ramble on at length about whether somebody they know wears rouge or not, while in the background serfs are dying off like flies from starvation and deplorable living conditions. // ps Give that doctor of yours a kick in the pants from me, AB ;-)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I've had time to reconsider. But yeah, I think that stays at the top of the list. My birthstone is CharmingDinnerGuestBlue. Love ya, Bugsie.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me, 7 years at the company: "Please don't wear that perfume in the office as I'm allergic to it."

New worker, 7 days at the company: "I'm not buying non-scented stuff just because you've got a problem. Take a pill."

:e2chain:

She's history as of 4pm tonight.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"No, the dress looks fine. It's your big ass that makes you look fat."

(Ripped from a comic whose name I can't recall at the moment.)

Me, 7 years at the company: "Please don't wear that perfume in the office as I'm allergic to it."

New worker, 7 days at the company: "I'm not buying non-scented stuff just because you've got a problem. Take a pill."
That's rich. Whoever heard of non-scented perfume, anyway?

The shallowest comment I've ever heard came from a friend right after I ran my boat aground on an oyster bar and sheared off the propeller. He said, "I told you the water's too shallow to run your boat through here."