I contend that this is the SCARIEST kids' movie EVER

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
The Brave Little Toaster.

Great cult hit, still love it, but......yikes. Just yikes.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the Brave Little Toaster.

I always hated Willy Wonka and Alice in Wonderland

There's just something not right about those stories.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Never seen the toaster, but I remember reading Alice in Wonderland as a kid and thinking there was something going on that I didn't understand. Like when you watch a grown up movie and just don't get it.

Storm Dream

Into the blue memory
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, Nacho, I agree. That movie terrified me -- the junkyard especially, and that house full of old appliances...

It may be responsible for my insistence on anthropomorphizing my car, computers, etc...

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, Nacho, I agree. That movie terrified me -- the junkyard especially, and that house full of old appliances...

It may be responsible for my insistence on anthropomorphizing my car, computers, etc...

I'm 19 and it gives me the chills. o_O

In the first...Oh, I have it recorded with commercials, so let's say, 45 minutes (out of 2 hrs), the following occurs:

*A dark opening in the bare woods FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
*A stoned-looking, hallucinating blanket
*A sentient air conditioner manages to shortcircuit itself, screaming "IT'S MY FUNCTION!" and spewing sparks everywhere. Oh, and his 'jaw' falls off and we see his 'eyes' screwed in extreme pain.
*The freakin' flower, man, the freakin' flower.
*Firefighter clown nightmare.
*Self-sacrificed lamp

My GOD, no WONDER I'm such a horrifying writer. :D

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Large Marge's face going whacked and the nightmare sequence... yeah... color me scarred for life...

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
KTC, that will take years of therapy to resolve.

And what of The Wizard of Oz? Remember when its airing was a special, annual event--usually on a Sunday night? Ah, so many precious childhood memories around that one--making Jiffy Pop, singing the Lollipop Kid Song, and the panicked yelps of little Terza when the flying monkeys came on.

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
Have any of you seen the cartoon version of Watership Down? With bleeding, screaming, or maniac killer bunnies in every scene? What the HECK? Or The Secret of N.I.M.H. with vicious cats attacking rats and mice, all made sentient in a science laboratory? How about The Last Unicorn? Leaving aside the music by America for now, there's a scene in which a harpy rips apart a crazed witch, and an enormous flaming bull (the "red bull," lol) chases all the shiny unicorns into the ocean, too.