TTSDBNT...Summer Road Trip: Death, by erotica.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I have issues about underwear with faces on them. It's creepy.

barney.jpg

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Women don't have carrots. Those are ladies undies.

sct

Registered
Reaction score
I was away yesterday and while driving, I was telling my wife about this thread. It feels like home! Where will I go if they move my home?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I shall take this (probably last) opportunity to remind the one OP Mod who rides this bus, that she has the power to reboot this forum anywhere she damn well feels like booting it, once it winds up again in OP.

HEAR ME, JEN?

You mean these ruby slippers are good for something besides giving me corns??

I have Sponge Bob boxers, but that's a whole different story.

And a whole different purpose, too...

I was away yesterday and while driving, I was telling my wife about this thread. It feels like home! Where will I go if they move my home?

You'll go with us 'cause there is no escape from the Magic Bus.

sct

Registered
Reaction score
I just love wearing my ruby slippers. My wife laughs at me, but I think they make me look distinguished!

There no place like home...there's no place like home.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I often use quotes from the Wizard of Oz movie whenever I have the appropriate opportunity to use one of them, but I never really understood the whole "OMG it was all a dream, but no it wasn't a dream, 'cause you, and you, and you, and YOU were there." If it was a dream, then Dorothy technically should only have been able to see things from her point-of-view, and we shouldn't be able to see what the Wicked Witch of the West is doing/saying/looking at in the crystal ball when it's Dorothy's dream and Dorothy can't hear or see what the WWotW is up to. The writers and producers of the movie should have kept the story as something that actually happened in the story, not just a dream inside a story.

The ruby slipper thing bugged me, too. "OMG you've always had the power to return to Kansas whenever you wanted to, but I wanted to keep you around to assassinate the second Wicked Witch for me so I could maintain my innocence and not have blood (or melted witchy puddle) on my hands, and you had to figure it out for yourself that you had to click your heels together THREE times before you could make your wish." That was sort of annoying. How kind of Glinda to traumatize poor Dorothy before finally letting her go home. And I still don't get how the twister in Kansas ended up in Oz in the first place. It's meaningless to say it's "over the rainbow", unless it's supposed to be an invisible floating land or in outer space, which it obviously isn't.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doomed. Only two full days of vacation left before I have to go back to the nine-months-minus-weekends-and-occasional-breaks torture chamber that most people refer to by the euphemism, "school"--which these days actually seems to be teaching kids how to be stupid and do things like "Master Portfolios" that do nothing in the long run and take too much time from our classes where we should actually be, you know, LEARNING. And they sometimes claim they don't have enough money to pay for more classroom sets of books so that we don't have to carry two or three fucking huge/heavy textbooks in our backpacks every day. It sucks, because whoever built the school forty-something years ago or revised the rules of the school district was brilliant enough to decide that students couldn't have lockers to store books-and-things in during classes (except for P.E.). What was their reasoning, you ask? "The kids might put bombs and/or other weapons in them." Um, great. I feel so much safer knowing that the kids who bring weapons to school will have to store them in their backpacks, or their pockets, or stuffed under their jackets or inside their pants. After all, lockers and clothing and inanimate objects are the ones responsible for students bringing weapons to their schools. Teenagers don't kill people, that's silly, they're robots and will only do what the schools ask them to. And if the clothing is responsible for all sorts of horrible things, as they seem to keep thinking, why don't they just make everyone go to school naked?

Anyway, my first day is Wednesday. Junior year. 11th grade. Only two more years to go before I graduate. And I can sneak into R-rated movies all by myself in less than two months (when I turn 17). **sniffsniff** I'm growing up so fast. Before you know it, I'll be releasing all sorts of sexy fantasy/horror stories and books into the world.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I often use quotes from the Wizard of Oz movie whenever I have the appropriate opportunity to use one of them, but I never really understood the whole "OMG it was all a dream, but no it wasn't a dream, 'cause you, and you, and you, and YOU were there." If it was a dream, then Dorothy technically should only have been able to see things from her point-of-view, and we shouldn't be able to see what the Wicked Witch of the West is doing/saying/looking at in the crystal ball when it's Dorothy's dream and Dorothy can't hear or see what the WWotW is up to. The writers and producers of the movie should have kept the story as something that actually happened in the story, not just a dream inside a story.

The ruby slipper thing bugged me, too. "OMG you've always had the power to return to Kansas whenever you wanted to, but I wanted to keep you around to assassinate the second Wicked Witch for me so I could maintain my innocence and not have blood (or melted witchy puddle) on my hands, and you had to figure it out for yourself that you had to click your heels together THREE times before you could make your wish." That was sort of annoying. How kind of Glinda to traumatize poor Dorothy before finally letting her go home. And I still don't get how the twister in Kansas ended up in Oz in the first place. It's meaningless to say it's "over the rainbow", unless it's supposed to be an invisible floating land or in outer space, which it obviously isn't.

How about a link to a site where the symbolism used in the WoOz is discussed? Yes?

Okay. http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/OZ/Symbolism.php

Keep in mind that literature written way-back-when was different than what the industry wants today.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
How about a link to a site where the symbolism used in the WoOz is discussed? Yes?

Okay. http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/OZ/Symbolism.php

Keep in mind that literature written way-back-when was different than what the industry wants today.

What the hell--!? I literary discussion? Current events?

Just 'cause it's end of summer doesn't mean we have to work so hard IN HERE!

Sheeh!

See, this is exactly why I was not an English or Literature major. Symbolism ruins the story. At least the study of symbolism does.

What? Me? Of course I use symbolism. But I want it under the radar.

Hypocrite? Of course I am. What's your point?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. Why did he even bring this up? What does he think we are, writers or something?