Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Anyone publish on the Huffingtonpost.com?

practical experience, FTW soleary's Avatar

Anyone publish on the Huffingtonpost.com?

I am trying to submit to the site, but can't seem to find the submission guidelines anywhere. Any one have any experience with them?

Thx!

so

In a 2007 YouTube video, Huffington asked that those interested in blogging for the site to email her or Rachel Sklar. In terms of submission guidelines, I don't believe they are that formal. You can email your idea (or your post if it is complete) with a bio. They welcome anyone who wants to write for them (within reason), because bloggers are not paid.

An AW member, can't remember her screen name, but she's the author of Queen of the Road posted that she wrote for Huffington during the summer.

If someone can provide the OP with QotR's name, Soleary can contact her directly through PM.

Soleary, if you do find the answer please come back and tell us.

here's to the girl on the go Harper K's Avatar
    Just barging in to note that the author of Queen of the Road is Doreen Orion, AKA AW member "Prevostprincess."

I've known a few people who blogged at HuffPo, but they always came through other references -- i.e., one gal was contacted by Rachel Sklar to write a few blog posts, and then others used her name when they queried ("Melissa L. suggested I contact you about writing a post about..."). I think it definitely helps to be familiar with the well-known writers there, and to have a reference, if possible.
    The Center of Gravity, redux (YA contemp), final final FINAL version!:
    62,000 / 65,000 words

practical experience, FTW soleary's Avatar
    Thanks to both of you -- much appreciated! I had a colleague who wrote an article, but he said he just submitted it cold. I am having a hard time finding Rachel or Ms. Huffington's email addresses. I'll keep you posted. Thx!

practical experience, FTW jerrywaxler's Avatar

And why huffington post?

I'm wondering, while on this topic of the Huffington Post, what is it about this site that attracts you? I keep hearing about it, but I know of so many sites, and would like to pick one or two to submit my work.

While at the bookstore I happened to come across a book by the founder of the Huffington Post about politics (Everything Right is Wrong), which looked interesting, but other than knowing of someone who wrote an article on Huffington, I don't know anything about it.

Thanks,
    Jerry

...in my Maidenform Bra. Autodidact's Avatar
    Thanks to escritoria for directing me to this thread. To jerry: According to Nielsen NetRatings, Huffington Post had 8.9 million unique visitors in February, 2009 (by way of comparison, the right-leaning Drudge Report had 3.4 million unique visitors).[8]

The Huffington Post has 22 million unique users each month[9] and is the most linked-to blog on the Internet. [wiki] Among other reasons.

I know a regular blogger there, but she was contacted by them because of her background/career. I didn't even think of submitting. Awesome Thanks!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simran-sethi

She likes diggs and all that, btw

PM me if anyone wants my name, etc. to contact her with a project or whatever...
    Last edited by backslashbaby; 11-05-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: added simi's profile
    It's Woman, by Kraft. All your favourite classic flavours like virgin, whore, damsel, black widow and now all-new feminazi! Extra spicy!
    --
    BunnyMaz

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
    -- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
    Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
    And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp

Inquisitor of Zork Matt Willard's Avatar
    Hmmm, thanks for the submission tips. I just might send a piece that way to build some press.
    Giant Robot Invasion!
    Get more backlinks, comments, and word of mouth marketing with comedic content.

Join me on Twitter!
    Join me on LinkedIn!
    Join me on Facebook!

What's the latest scoop on blogging for Huffington Post? Anyone have an editorial contact for submission? I'm particularly interested in a contact for the Religion Editor, Paul Raushenbush, though any at this point is something.
    Thank you!

Agent, author, human.
    Quote Originally Posted by copperbeech View Post
    What's the latest scoop on blogging for Huffington Post? Anyone have an editorial contact for submission? I'm particularly interested in a contact for the Religion Editor, Paul Raushenbush, though any at this point is something.
    Thank you!
    I'm interested in this, too. My cousin actually blogs for them, so I might just drop his name.
    Find more about me at:

My Website
    Twitter
    The Seymour Agency

Quote Originally Posted by escritora View Post
    They welcome anyone who wants to write for them (within reason), because bloggers are not paid.
    Wait. What? You don't get paid? Why would anyone work for free?
    Twitter | Pinterest | WordPress | Tumblr

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret View Post
    Wait. What? You don't get paid? Why would anyone work for free?
    Fame, traffic and the honor of being exploited by important people?

Seriously though, it can build your profile as a writer.