Filming in my Neighborhood

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
It appears that there is a major film being shot in my neighborhood. I counted 11 star vans set up at the intersection of Burbank and Van Nuys Blvd, and just down the street ½ a block there were 6 semis… and numerous cameras etc set up ad well as an amazing amount of security.

Security wouldn’t tell me what they were filming, so does anyone know a way to find out what would be filming there? Is there an on-line resource that tracks this sort of thing?

I’m really curious.

RN

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
When they were filming Repossession Mambo in our neighbourhood, we got leaflets in our mailboxes telling us about it. At midnight, the convoy of trailers and trucks rolled down our street to the park at the end. It was magical!

Jude Law. 'Nuff said.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Something is constantly being filmed in my neighborhood (usually Law and Order or Gossip Girl, but lots of others, too) and they always have to post what the project is called on the streets where they are limiting parking. Often it's just a working title. Look for slips of paper attached to telephone poles. At least that's how it works here.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
It appears that there is a major film being shot in my neighborhood. I counted 11 star vans set up at the intersection of Burbank and Van Nuys Blvd, and just down the street ½ a block there were 6 semis… and numerous cameras etc set up ad well as an amazing amount of security.

Security wouldn’t tell me what they were filming, so does anyone know a way to find out what would be filming there? Is there an on-line resource that tracks this sort of thing?
There used to be a website that posted filming locations around LA county, but after 9/11 they shut it down for security reasons. You could try asking the shop owners or home owners affected by the filming, they would know.

8thSamurai

Registered
Reaction score
Ask one of the crew. Stay away from the stars' trailers, and head towards a production truck.

zeprosnepsid

Registered
Reaction score
There used to be a website that posted filming locations around LA county, but after 9/11 they shut it down for security reasons. You could try asking the shop owners or home owners affected by the filming, they would know.

I was just going to say -- this used to be really easy to look up. The film commission used to have a list. But yeah, I didn't know this.

You might still be able to call up the film commission though.