From... England!

Status
Not open for further replies.

En-En-chan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hi everyone, I'm En-En-chan, as you can probably see already. Despite my penname, I am not Japanese, though I love Japan. I love nearly everything about Japan; and I think people judge Japan unfairly, just because of their part in WWII, which is completely biased!
No, actually I'm from Taiwan, living in England, nearly my whole life actually!
I found this site from going on Google, and trying to find beta readers for my work. I'd actually appreciate it if people would want to beta my story, though that isn't absolutely necessary.
And a word of warning, I tend to go either really hyper, or ramble-y (if that's even a word), or both.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome: Try the beta reader threads I'm sure someone will read your work

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I think people judge Japan unfairly, just because of their part in WWII, which is completely biased!
And their treatment of the Chinese when they invaded that country. It was worse than WWII

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
[quote I think people judge Japan unfairly, just because of their part in WWII, which is completely biased![/quote]

Did you ever hear of the Bataan Death March? It's all past history and nothing to do with this generation, but biased??

Round John Virgin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelboyd.us
Hey, En-En-chan! Welcome to AW! I respect and admire your good feelings for the Japanese. I bear them no ill will anymore, and Germany is now one of my favorite countries to visit--even though I had close relatives who survived both the European and Pacific Theatres in WWII. It's up to you youngsters to look at former enemies through completely fresh eyes--and to understand that there are still a few old-timers who can't forget what they went through.

Enjoy the boards. There's a lot to learn here!

En-En-chan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not actually new to writing, so I kinda know what to expect from beta readers and everything. In fact, I've been putting up stories for about a year now, on fanfiction.net, and would gladly help anyone who wants my help! ^-^
And thanks for your lovely welcomes!

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Hi En, I'm pretty close to you too - near Gatwick *jumps and down and waves*

What genre do you write?

Plus I can't say I was aware of any bias against the Japanese ( in fact one of my son's best friends is Japanese) , although I dare say it might different if I was Japanese.

En-En-chan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I usually write what most people would call 'High School Romance' stories, though I do try and vary a bit, but not to much success. And it's not in high school, since I set my stories in Britain, London and around it mostly.
Some people are a bit biased towards Japan, or at least don't like it very much because of its history; it's a bit like towards Germany as well, since they kinda started WWII, but I still like Germany as well. Hm... Overall, I think I like countries were against The Allies (or whatever England was part of in WWII), for example, Germany, Japan and Russia, which is really strange, 'cos I live in Britain and everything. But it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not actually British, and that London has turned really multicultural over the past 100 years or something...

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Um Russia were on the Brit's side.....

I love Germany too. Some really fantastic places to visit, and the Germans are very welcoming. I would love to go to Russia.

And of course, some people are biased against any one thing you care to mention. Like crumpets. Personally I'm biased against slugs *shudders*

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.