AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bliss Literary Agency Int'l (Jenoyne Adams)

Metaphysical Spiritualist malberque@comcast.ne's Avatar

Bliss Literary Agency Int'l (Jenoyne Adams)

BLISS lit. Intnl.
    P&E gives them the all important $ sign. They appear to be small-n-personal type agency with some intnl. contacts. Does any one have any info on, or experience with this Agency?

Thanks in advance

~Michael
    Practice random acts of love and kindness.....or.....Bite me.....The choice is yours.

The King and Queen of Cheese BenPanced's Avatar
    Google's your friend.

Bliss Literary
    I still poop rainbows.

I won't steal any of your ideas. I have enough of my own I'm not using.

All the webby stuff done, loooooong a-goo

Quote Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
    Google's your friend.

Bliss Literary
    I guess that I was looking for something that I haven't researched yet. Like has anyone here at AW had experience with them.

Thanks anyway!

~Michael
    Practice random acts of love and kindness.....or.....Bite me.....The choice is yours.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    You can read more about Jenoyne Adams and Bliss Literary in this thread starting at post #90.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Thumbs up Mr. M

Quote Originally Posted by brianm View Post
    You can read more about Jenoyne Adams and Bliss Literary in this thread starting at post #90.

Not much there. Of course 'not much' is synomous with, 'something'. Thanks Brian. Good looking out!
    This AW place, it pretty cool. You peeps are A-OK! I hope I'm able to recip!

~MA

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar
    I recently received a rejection from them to a query + first chapter I'd sent in February. Since over six months had passed, I'd written them off. They were apologetic for the long wait.
    The Princess and the Poison, the first cozy in the Storybook Park Mystery series, is now available at most e-book retailers.

www.carolayer.com

Thank You Carol.

Keep-a-pluggin!

~Michael

I queried in January and never heard back.

Room two-hundred-something on the first floor
    Several YA writers on AW are repped by her.
    Last edited by bethany; 09-02-2008 at 11:41 PM.
    Bethany

The Fall~ Greenwillow ~ 2014- A literary psychological thriller/retelling of the Fall of the House of Usher. Starred reviews from Kirkus and School Library Journal
    www.bethanygriffin.com

I hope that they like NSYA writers!

(Not so young adult)

Well here it is. Jenoyne is a doll! Respectful and kind. Namoi is also quite honorable. Here's a part of the(you guessed it)rejection that she sent:
    "If you do decide to lengthen the manuscript, please feel free to resubmit directly to me, as your novella is quite interesting."

My manuscript is just under 9,000 words. Now I could look for something implied here, but I'm going to stick with, 'Just reading the black words.'

I Heart Mac Absolute Sage Lauri B's Avatar
    You don't need to read between the lines: they are inviting you to resubmit directly to the agent if you make your manuscript longer. That's good news.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri B View Post
    You don't need to read between the lines: they are inviting you to resubmit directly to the agent if you make your manuscript longer. That's good news.
    I believe so.

The challenge for me: The manuscript is somewhat cathardic, and I'll have to get it from 9,000 words to(I'm guessing)60,000. Probably more. Either way, it's very encouraging news. I'm grateful!

~Michael

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar
    Good news, Michael. Good luck!
    The Princess and the Poison, the first cozy in the Storybook Park Mystery series, is now available at most e-book retailers.

www.carolayer.com

Jenoyne Adams is my agent and I couldn't possibly be happier. She had my manuscript on submission quickly, is always easy to reach (she answers my emails within a few hours always, even on Sundays and holidays) and she sold my manuscript to Simon Pulse (YA division of Simon and Schuster) after just a few months on submission. She's amazing, and I highly recommend her.

Naomi is also fantastic.
    YOUNG ADULT BOOKS:
    BREAK--Simon Pulse, 2009 BUY IT

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
    GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
    TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
    --
    MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
    ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

I am repped by J, and so is Shady Lane and Girl Lit.

I think I can safely say we're all pretty happy. Girl Lit's book was just released!!

ETA: Oops, Shades!
    "If I chance to talk a little wild, forgive me." -Shakespeare

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly. SuperModerator Williebee's Avatar
    Don't read into it. Just go write. Sounds like they like your idea, and they like your writing, or at least don't object to it. Now they want to see if you can carry it through. Go. Write. Now.
    This morning the sun came up.
    Just like yesterday, and tomorrow.
    Face the day, not the darkness.

I just queried her tonight. Looks like she has had some great sales in the area I want to break into.
    "Without the bitter, baby, the sweet just ain't as sweet."

Current WIP: 2k / 80k written
    Short Stories Out: 2

Youtube - Twitter - Blog -
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Williebee View Post
    Don't read into it. Just go write. Sounds like they like your idea, and they like your writing, or at least don't object to it. Now they want to see if you can carry it through. Go. Write. Now.

You're right......going....going.....g

So does this mean a non-response is a rejection? I sent her a query several months ago as well...
    Goodreads - Twitter - Website - Facebook

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
    I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNightshade View Post
    So does this mean a non-response is a rejection? I sent her a query several months ago as well...

From the BLISS Web Page:

Though we will let you know our decision on requested material (average response time is 6-8 weeks, sometimes sooner), we may not be able to respond to every query letter due to volume.

This is what I've been taught: Send multiple queries. (I'm guessing that most of us do.) When I'm asked for a complete manuscript, then discuss the terms of 'exclusivity'.
    ~Michael

Quote Originally Posted by malberque@comcast.ne View Post

This is what I've been taught: Send multiple queries. (I'm guessing that most of us do.) When I'm asked for a complete manuscript, then discuss the terms of 'exclusivity'.
    ~Michael
    Not every agent asks for exclusives. Don't bring it up unless they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakhlasmoke View Post
    Not every agent asks for exclusives. Don't bring it up unless they do.
    Isn't it honorable to offer a pre-determined, 'exclusive' review period? Something reasonable. A week, perhaps? Or am I just being naive? And if I am being naive, can I blame my parents?

Nope, naive. .

Besides, I can assure you that giving an agent a time limit on how long they have to read your partial/full is just asking for a rejection, unless it's a very specific case (like the one detailed below)

The only time you do this is if they request exclusive, and then you work out a reasonable amount of time for them to have exclusivity, or if you have several requests for fulls out and one of the agents offers representation. Then you let the other agents know that you will be giving agent an answer by the end of the week/month/whatever, so that they have a chance to offer you representation should they want you for a client.

Quote Originally Posted by malberque@comcast.ne View Post
    Isn't it honorable to offer a pre-determined, 'exclusive' review period? Something reasonable. A week, perhaps? Or am I just being naive? And if I am being naive, can I blame my parents?
    Just dittoing Nakhlasmoke. It's not honorable, it's naive, and very few agents are going to have the time to read your work immediately anyway (although of course they might). Don't bring up an exclusive unless they ask.

I don't think agents even need to know you have others looking at your materials, although there are some who believe they should be told.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast