• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Grayhawk Agency (Gray Tan)

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
Gray Tan updates on a regular basis on PM, but I still can't figure out if he is strictly foreign rights or actually a legit agent going out on his own. His info seems as if it is a new, independent endeavor, but I'm not sure.

I'm also a little leery about the language barrier. Although it appears he knows English well, the proliferation of Chinese (?) characters on his website and blog give me pause.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
According to his Publishers Marketplace page, he is a subrights agent, selling foreign rights for a variety of agencies and publishers into Asian markets.

Here's the agency's website.

He has been an agent for some time (on his own for four years, before that with another agency). He has handled some extremely well-known projects.

- Victoria

Grayhawk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Repunzel,

I'm indeed a sub-agent mainly selling Chinese rights (Taiwan/China) on behalf of foreign clients. Occasionally I sell rights to other Asian countries including Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.

In any case I'm not your man if you're an unpublished author looking for representation, as I already have a full plate and really don't have the time or energy to consider manuscript submission.

But perhaps I should make this more explicit on my PM page, so thanks for asking, and a big thanks to Victoria for answering!

A note of correction though: Actually I have been on my own for only a month - I started The Grayhawk Agency this past July. I started agenting at Jia-Xi Books in 2004, so this is my fifth year only!

All best,
Gray

======
THE GRAYHAWK AGENCY
7F-3, No.106, Sec.3, Hsin-Yi Rd.
Taipei 106, Taiwan
(T) 886-2-27059231, (F) 886-2-27059610
Email: [email protected]
Blog: http://blog.roodo.com/grayhawk/
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Grayhawk/

Last edited:

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Is Gray Tan still an agent?

I had heard he had gone into editing and publishing and left behind agenting. I know someone here was a client of his agency at one point, so I thought I'd ask. Does anyone know?