• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Ravenous Romance

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Oh, this thread has reminded me! The editor of the anthology I had a story in suggested a while back that we pull and self-publish since sales had basically dried up. I've checked, and it's now gone from Ravenous. I had some contact with their finance person about the royalties, since I hadn't hit the $100 mark and I'd never given them a W8BEN (or the other one - I can never remember off the top of my head which form is which), and they agreed to pay it regardless. I should chase it up, though, because there's no sign of it yet.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
The anthology I was in (edited by Lori Perkins) still shows up in audio form on the 'Net, and the last statement I received was from the last quarter of last year, so it must exist somewhere. I'll wait another couple of months before inquiring, since it was only a short story and I'm not planning to use it later. Still, it would be prudent to sew the thing shut, since I wrote it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Published 25+ books in '13, 15 books in '14, and two (2) in '15 .... (And one so far this year. In Feb, ranking currently 600k.)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm, I hadn't noticed. A fast poke around the internet shows their last tweet about a book being released was February 29, 2016. The website is gone. An author asked at a Facebook page for Ravenous Romance Readers what happened to them, as her emails are not bouncing back but are also not getting replies. She got no replies, though.

Disappeared. Hm, what happens to my stories' rights, in such a case? I was in a couple of their anthologies some time back.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Disappeared. Hm, what happens to my stories' rights, in such a case? I was in a couple of their anthologies some time back.

Check your contracts, Maryn. They might well detail what would happen in this case, or if sales drop below a certain point. If not, I'd consider contacting the people behind the publisher and asking them.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you realize you're asking me to enter the Kingdom of the Spiders, where older papers are stored!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I do. It is the One True Route to finding out the answer you seek.

*makes a very odd laugh which is meant to be scary but just sounds odd*

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Okay, okay. <Lends Maryn the spiderproof suit>. Ravenous Romance never really interested me, but Riverdale and some of the agents still at Perkins kind of intrigue me. Someone have more dealings with them? Likes, dislikes, skeletons in closets, reasons for me to query? Not query?