10 years of lyric, comic book, technical article, and of other writing; my conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy_inwheelchair

Registered
Reaction score
Being a creative writer is shitty, as a profession or a hobby. As a profession you are always inferior, to musicians, composers, graphic artists, photographer, or for anyone else you try to write. So, it's like a writer is expected to pay upfront, or at least provide a sure opportunity to make money. Seems like no one wants to work for a potential success, no more 50/50. Nah, everyone is too good for that. I always knew that a writer is a shitty profession, but I didn't think it would be this shitty as a hobby. There are almost no hobby collaborations, not anymore. As soon as they make one crappy beat or a drawing that no one understands, everyone wants to get paid. Hell yeah, straight to the top! "Who needs these collaborations with nobodys?"

Sure, I can do things on my own. Honestly, though, creating wouldn't be enjoyable for me, if it wasn't for collaborating with others. For me, poetry has to have music with a voice, and prose has to have illustrations. Even if it's a novel or a movie script, I would prefer to do it with a partner. Anyway, all this is very frustrating...

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
Don't be down, guy!

It can change in the blink of an eye. Karen always says to focus your mental thoughts on what you want to achieve and it will happen...just believe in yourself.

You can do this!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't get down remember you are only inferior to someone if you give them more importance in your life than you give yourself. Here are some cheers for you :e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Jackfishwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Wandering between Mexico and the Arctic Circle
Website
www.myspace.com
Being a creative writer is shitty, as a profession or a hobby. As a profession you are always inferior, to musicians, composers, graphic artists, photographer, or for anyone else you try to write. So, it's like a writer is expected to pay upfront, or at least provide a sure opportunity to make money. Seems like no one wants to work for a potential success, no more 50/50. Nah, everyone is too good for that. I always knew that a writer is a shitty profession, but I didn't think it would be this shitty as a hobby. There are almost no hobby collaborations, not anymore. As soon as they make one crappy beat or a drawing that no one understands, everyone wants to get paid. Hell yeah, straight to the top! "Who needs these collaborations with nobodys?"

Sure, I can do things on my own. Honestly, though, creating wouldn't be enjoyable for me, if it wasn't for collaborating with others. For me, poetry has to have music with a voice, and prose has to have illustrations. Even if it's a novel or a movie script, I would prefer to do it with a partner. Anyway, all this is very frustrating...

yes, it does seem like a thankless, devalued profession (except for those rare lucky few that become rich & famous).

and I agree that collaboration is a fantastic process.

Status
Not open for further replies.