• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Nevaeh Publishing

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I checked out their website. This would be a bit of a red flag for me.

Please note that Nevaeh Publishing does not guarantee that your title will sit on the bookshelves of every bookstore in the United States. However, your title will be listed in Books In Print, and will be available through Ingram Book Group and Baker & Taylor distributors. All titles are available in the United States, as well as in the United Kingdom.

Although Nevaeh Publishing has an in-house publicity department, as the author, it is your responsibility to promote, schedule book signings and spread the word about your book.

Aren't Ingram and Baker & Taylor wholesalers, rather than distributors?

Nevaeh Publishing also offers a vanity publishing option for books they don't accept, where the minimum purchase is 500 books (except they refer to it as self-publishing).

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Take it from a small-press experienced type: "listed in" and "available through" does not mean your books make it into bookstores. All my titles are technically distributed this way, and if a customer demands B&N or Borders special-order, they can. Doesn't mean they will ever order more than that one copy.

YMMV. Things are changing all the time, and what was standard procedure two years ago may not be anymore.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Adding link

Their executive editor appears to teach writing as her main source of income but claims no professional editing experience.

The founder has one book with Authorhouse, one with iUniverse, and one with Publish America. That said, she does have one out with Urban Books (Urban Christian) and another being released in November of this year.

They claim to have a proven track record but that’s rather impossible since they only have three books out. Two of which were written by the founder. The fourth book (also written by the founder) is being sold on their site but it’s her PA book. (Go figure) The fifth book (also by the founder) hasn’t been released yet. Beginning to see a pattern here?

They don’t have any distribution (Ingram and B&T are wholesalers) and they make it clear they won’t be doing any marketing, although they claim to have a marketing staff. What that staff does (if it actually exists) is anyone’s guess.

IMO, it’s another startup by a writer who has started a little publishing venture to print up her books that aren’t accepted elsewhere and she’s hoping to make a little extra cash from her vanity/publishing arm.

I’d pass on this one.

LadyLex

Registered
Reaction score
Thannks for the information. I was looking at this press. I think I will pass on this one.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Why do I want to equate the name of the company with...never, as in your book will never see the inside of a book store...?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site hasn't been updated since last books were released in '12. Unless someone's had recent contact with them, I'm writing them off.

ETA: Did put out a couple more books in '15, but all pages 'cept Smashwords are gone.

ETA2: moved to nevaehpub.com as strictly a self-publishing concern, but that's gone, too.

Last edited: